Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

I have heard that pipe bomb/bicycle nonsense before.Stupid lame crap.

I can tell you that i get fucking sick of this paranoia about bombs and packages in this country.Its been like this ever since i first lived here in 1978.

Theres no litterbins at the station because of paranoia about bombs.

The stupid idiots would close a station off if there was an empty pizza box lying around on a platform because it might be a Pizza bomb.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Colin YNWA

'Pizza Bomb' sounds like a TV show in Mega City One involving fatties

SuperSurfer

... 'cos I just went to the dentist and going to need tons of work done to my chompers. Damn. That's what I get for leaving it so long. Gonna cost plenty and due to the current financial situation will be a real stinger – don't even know if I have the funds. 

Roger Godpleton

I HATE CHILDREN SO GODDAMN MUCH.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

vzzbux

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 25 September, 2009, 10:41:41 AM
... 'cos I just went to the dentist and going to need tons of work done to my chompers. Damn. That's what I get for leaving it so long. Gonna cost plenty and due to the current financial situation will be a real stinger – don't even know if I have the funds. 

Try not to worry, I left it nearly 13 years and all I had done was a replacement filling and he only did that because I told him I was suffering pain otherwise all I would have had done was a clean and polish.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: vzzbux on 25 September, 2009, 06:04:32 PM
Try not to worry, I left it nearly 13 years and all I had done was a replacement filling and he only did that because I told him I was suffering pain otherwise all I would have had done was a clean and polish.

Thanks vzzbux. Had check-up and definitely need some heavy duty treatment. My fault as I needed to go a long time ago and I delayed it. I'm actually looking forward to getting it done and out of the way – as much as someone can actually look forward to going to the dentist. Lesson learnt.

Roger Godpleton

My back hurts. (FROM SEX, HONEST)
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

locustsofdeath!

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 25 September, 2009, 11:27:45 PM
My back hurts. (FROM SEX, HONEST)

That'll be from leaning over the computer all the time ;D ;D ;D

Mike Gloady

because my mum seems near indestructible, despite suffering horribly from advanced, terminal and widespread cancers.  And because the hospice, who've been so VERY helpful, can't hang onto this seeming Wolverine among elderly Irish women any longer.  And beceuse she wanted to come home.  Which means me, on my own for most of the day*, doing everything in between sobs.

And because, horribly predictably, saying "I love you" and squeezing a hand does NOTHING to reverse time or eradicate the mutated cells eating her alive.  I know.  I've tried it all day.  

* Marie Curie nurses at night mean I have time to type, read and generally salve my sanity (little danger of sleep I'm afraid, but the possibility of it is in itself almost heartbreakingly welcome and beautiful - if my heart wasn't broken 10 times over already) and the district nurses during the day and the two folks the hospice send to wash her and change her clothes, catheter bag etc are a massive help.  As is my brother, who popped by after bunking off work early to allow me to get some fresh air for a bit and pick up some food etc.

Oh, by the way, welcome as all the good wishes are, I don't have the heart to read any more.  I can't imagine my eyes hurting any more or being any more desicated.  Thank you anyway.  x
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 26 September, 2009, 11:20:08 PM
because my mum seems near indestructible,

I kind of understand, Mike. It's a wholly different scenario that I won't go into, but I do understand the idea of wishing for either:

1) a miracle recovery (in its most literal sense)

or

2) a merciful, painless death

for a loved one who, in the face of all medical predictions, seems entirely indestructible. If there's a deity who listens to you, then he, she or it gets my prayers for you, too.

Hard as it is, there is an end. My thoughts are with you, sir.

Take care,

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

flip-r mk2

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 26 September, 2009, 11:55:53 PM

Hard as it is, there is an end. My thoughts are with you, sir.

Take care,

Jim

ditto

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Trout

Yeah, Mike, we're all thinking of you. Take care of yourself, too.