Main Menu

It is incredibly important that we resolve this.

Started by Roger Godpleton, 15 November, 2009, 06:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

If a magician cast a spell on Superman which removed him to Hell or Rann, Superman would be powerless to prevent the spell from taking effect.

If a magician engaged Superman in hand to hand combat and said "Ha! Do you worst, Superman. I'm magic!" then Superman would have the magician's arms tied behind his back in no time.

Superman is vulnerable to magic, not helpless to defeat enemies who use it.
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

QuoteIf a magician engaged Superman in hand to hand combat and said "Ha! Do you worst, Superman. I'm magic!" then Superman would have the magician's arms tied behind his back in no time.

What if the magician has Kryptonite?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

maryanddavid

Is this not kinda simple, cant Death possess Superman and make him eat Kryptonite.

Id also say the Death is magic since he cant be killed by conventional means, except in the original story by the souls of all the people he killed on dead world, I know it didnt kill him, but it sounds a magicky to me.

David

Ignatzmonster

"He's a fairy I do suppose/ Flying through the air in panty-hose."

That alien is toast.

longmanshort

I dunno, I hated all that 'let the dead fluids flow' crap ... he's an evil spirit and that's that ...

+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

TordelBack

Nice one, LMS!  The finger-grill is brilliant.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Roger Godpleton

I take offence at that correction and I demand that you apologize.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: longmanshort on 15 November, 2009, 11:03:37 PM
I dunno, I hated all that 'let the dead fluids flow' crap ... he's an evil spirit and that's that ...

I liked the "Death fluids" idea, made it more of a ritual, more scary & believeable. Functioned more as a psychological thing for Mr. De'ath. like the transubstantiation of communion wafer in Catholic masses.

Jared Katooie

Death mentions (in Young Death) that Phobia and Nausea created him using magic.

Clearly the real question is: Could Superman use his super-speed to disassemble the molecules of Death's spirit form, thus killing him permanently?

TordelBack

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 16 November, 2009, 03:40:08 AM
Death mentions (in Young Death) that Phobia and Nausea created him using magic.

Yeah, but any sufficiently-advanced psychic power would be indistinguishable from magic....

pauljholden

Molcher - that looks great! Is this back at the drawing table or something old?

-pj

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: pauljholden on 16 November, 2009, 11:21:46 AM
Molcher - that looks great! Is this back at the drawing table or something old?

'Twas an entry for an old Dredd villian art comp on the board. I think it won, as well - and quite rightly.
@jamesfeistdraws

uncle fester

I reckon Death could sneak up on Superman while he was asleep and do the hand-squeezy-heart thing.

That would, however, rely on Death being sneaky, not the announce-himself-in-a-loud-voice-quickly-followed-by-defeat tactic, from which he never seems to learn...