Main Menu

Going away,for a while at least

Started by Smith, 06 April, 2021, 12:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

I wasn't the most active poster,so I doubt anyone will miss me,but Im taking a probably definitive take from the board. Since I lost interest in 2000AD I didn't have a whole lot to talk about anyway,and I don't seem to share a whole lot of interests with the rest of the users. Good luck,anyway.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Smith on 06 April, 2021, 12:03:30 PM
I wasn't the most active poster,so I doubt anyone will miss me,but Im taking a probably definitive take from the board. Since I lost interest in 2000AD I didn't have a whole lot to talk about anyway,and I don't seem to share a whole lot of interests with the rest of the users. Good luck,anyway.

Sorry to hear it, Smith.  My own number of posts is fairly pitiful considering how long I've been a member (I think between my current self, and my former self Jayzus B. Christ with spaces, it's been twenty fecking years!) and to be honest, I don't feel half as engaged with the prog of today than I was with the prog back then.  I have no doubt that it's me, not the prog - I really really wish I had the same love for it as I used to.  I keep reading anyway, and I still love this board.

Anyway, best of luck; it's been nice to have you on board (no pun intended).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Smith

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 06 April, 2021, 02:30:06 PM
Quote from: Smith on 06 April, 2021, 12:03:30 PM

Sorry to hear it, Smith.  My own number of posts is fairly pitiful considering how long I've been a member (I think between my current self, and my former self Jayzus B. Christ with spaces, it's been twenty fecking years!) and to be honest, I don't feel half as engaged with the prog of today than I was with the prog back then.  I have no doubt that it's me, not the prog - I really really wish I had the same love for it as I used to.  I keep reading anyway, and I still love this board.

Anyway, best of luck; it's been nice to have you on board (no pun intended).
I did talk about it some 2 years ago,that keeping up with the prog became something of a chore,and I found myself skipping most of it. IDK,maybe I got old. I tried getting back in recently,but I didn't really feel it.
As for the board,I don't really watch/read the same stuff as most people here,and they don't seem to like the same things as me. Or want to argue about politics in every thread. And it all got tiresome.

TordelBack

Dress warmly in those other planes of existence, and hope to see you back at the Hotel Thargafornia someday, Smith.

The Legendary Shark

I'm deeply sorry if I had anything to do with your decision, Smith.  If it makes any difference, my new strategy is "no comment."

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Smith

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 06 April, 2021, 08:27:29 PM

I'm deeply sorry if I had anything to do with your decision, Smith.  If it makes any difference, my new strategy is "no comment."
It wasn't you. I never really had a problem with you. There are others way more intent on derailing every thread with personal politics, tbh.

Link Prime

Mikey

You'd maybe be surprised at the range of stuff folks round here are into beyond the geek - but having taken a few extended breaks from the board meself, I know exactly what you're saying. So look after yourself on your travels.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.