Main Menu

Activities of the Free

Started by Barrington Boots, 21 April, 2021, 04:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Happy birthdays all round! I hope they're good ones.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 22 April, 2021, 10:57:47 AM

'Tis my 51st today
Happy Birthday! I hope whatever you wish for comes true. Same for Jim!

paddykafka

Happy Birthdays, Bolt & Jim. Hope that they're good ones.

And as someone who is still trapped in Lockdown here in the Emerald Isle, all I can say is that I am not one bit jealous of all you good, free folk over there. Nope! Not one bit at all, at all.  :)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: paddykafka on 22 April, 2021, 01:41:42 PM
Happy Birthdays, Bolt & Jim. Hope that they're good ones.

And as someone who is still trapped in Lockdown here in the Emerald Isle, all I can say is that I am not one bit jealous of all you good, free folk over there. Nope! Not one bit at all, at all.  :)

Thanks, PK (and everyone else)!

TBH, I think we've at least one more UK lockdown in the future — the Tories were very slow off the mark with the recent Indian covid variant and have shown right through this that they'll happily trade public safety for opinion poll boosts, regardless of the science. No one will be happier than me if they don't fuck this up, but their track record to date doesn't fill me with confidence.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Funt Solo

Happy Birthday to the old folks* - Bolt (lang may yer small press) and Jim (lang may your letters differentiate in a subtle yet dynamic manner).

*I may be turning the more youthful of those two ages myself, later in the year
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 22 April, 2021, 01:50:55 PM
I think we've at least one more UK lockdown in the future — the Tories were very slow off the mark with the recent Indian covid variant and have shown right through this that they'll happily trade public safety for opinion poll boosts, regardless of the science. No one will be happier than me if they don't fuck this up, but their track record to date doesn't fill me with confidence.

My lady is NHS and she thinks this is an extremely strong possibility but it's all still very unknown at the moment. The only certainty is that the Tories will do nothing unil way past the right time to act.

For now though, with sensible precautions taken, we should enjoy what freedom we have (sorry Irish Squaxx!) and birthdays all the more.
You're a dark horse, Boots.