Main Menu

Doctor Who UK reprint comic regenerates

Started by IndigoPrime, 25 February, 2016, 10:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Although I was tempted by the Titan Doctor Who comics, I never picked them up at the time, so was very happy when Doctor Who comic appeared in all its squarebound loveliness. Then one issue I saw an advert for the US-format Tales from the Tardis, including a question on the editorial page about the new format and whether people loved it.

I figured that would be the end and it was. DWC is dead, and subs are moving over to TFFD, in all its dinky form. I suppose it's better for Titan in terms of newsagent/store facing and also cheaper to ship, but I did love that bigger comic. Perhaps it's something to do with me mostly reading 2000 AD over US are, but I've never really gotten on with smaller comics, and TFFT seems so comparatively less substantial. (Also: awkward to punt people over to #4 of the new title rather than #1, but there you go. At least it's a jumping-on issue.)

Hawkmumbler

Well thats a shame. But can't say i'm surprised, most of these anthology reprint titles you see for The Avengers or Batman or whatever are in card backed US format and pale in comparison to the progs giant page size.