Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Cthulouis

I drew this at work a few years back. Started off just drawing Hammerstein's head, but it was a quiet time of year and no customers turned up to interrupt me, so it kind of ballooned out from there.

mygrimmbrother

A few more portraits:

Having a lot of fun with these!

NeilFord

@mygrimmbrother - no way are those doodles man. Fecking lovely work.

Steven Denton

mygrimmbrother These are brilliant as ever! you are a portrait machine!

mygrimmbrother

Cheers Neil - I never know which thread to go for - I'm certainly very proud of them but they don't take long at all, so I dither between art & doodle. Went for doodle in the end because I'm a humble chap really!

Steven - thanks man, I have very productive spurts where I'm up til 2, but then I crash (day job and all getting in the way), and produce nothing for a week.

staticgirl

Haven't linked from DA before but here goes:

http://staticgirl.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d4pdpa4

It was started with a real pen and paper, photographed then doodled on further in Deviantart (also incorporating a photo of one of my fave pieces of graffiti on the West Coast Mainline) whilst something boring was on the telly. I have been asked to do a cover for a book in the slowly burgeoning 'super-powered chavs' sub-genre and I was trying to get in the mood and feel my way round two of the characters.

It made me realise that the way tags look the way they do is because the tagger can't lift his can away from the wall until its finished and it has to be quick. The artier pieces of graffiti must take forever and they must have a mate looking out for them.

CrazyFoxMachine

That's gorgeous Static Girl - I've just finished reading Hellraisers by Robert Sellers & JAKe and this image and quote struck me. Love Oliver Reed.

Van Dom

Cool stuff guys
MGB, I'm getting a great Jesus Redondo vibe off your current work, its really fluid and loose. Awesome work dude.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

JayzusB.Christ

Haven't looked at this thread in a while, but by Christ there's some great stuff there!  MGB, is the third one down Ian Curtis?  I've just been painting a mural of the bastard all day, so maybe I'm just seeing him everywhere
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

mygrimmbrother

It is indeed Mr Christ! Any chance of you posting a photo of the mural? Love to see it.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 13 February, 2012, 11:55:19 PM
It is indeed Mr Christ! Any chance of you posting a photo of the mural? Love to see it.

I will indeed, as soon as I buy a card reader for my camera in the next couple of days.  Funny you should paint nearly exactly the same picture as I did - in fact as a result of staring at him all day I got a bit obsessed and spent the last few days listening to and watching films and documentaries about Joy Division.  Not exactly good for one's outlook on life but a great band all the same.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Woolly

CFM - top likeness of the legendary Sir Reed, instantly recognisable.
Grimm Brother - not sure at the moment. I need to find a way of reeling my popped eyes back into my skull before i can make a proper assessment...  ;)

Been quiet at work, had some good doodling time...

The Slaine started off as a Dredd, as you can probably guess from the chin  ::)

mygrimmbrother

Woolly those are fantastic! Would love to see a Slaine strip in that style :)

Here are a few more of my inky portraits. Sorry if I'm spamming up the thread guys!

Hoagy

Awesome stuff Matt. Just reading Necronauts and I'm thinking of how your style keeps reminding me of the Frazer Irving style.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract