Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dog Deever on 03 October, 2014, 05:37:50 PM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 03 October, 2014, 04:48:06 PM
Ah, Dog- grand to see you getting back into things. Dogbreath isn't the same without you.

:) Thanks Bolt- I have an x-ray appointment around the middle of Nov. which I'm hoping will be the last- it's supposed to be decision-time (for the third time).

If there are absolute and clear signs that the bone's definitely healing then they are going to leave me alone and I can get on with things again- if not, then they're sending me for bone grafts and it'll be a while before I recover from that enough to get drawing again.
The minute I'm able to commit, rest assured I will. Sorry I can't be more specific than that (and for not being available for DB over the past... ages!)- it's been months of limbo, the heart is still there though.

Glad to hear it DD, if your going for  bone grafts try the full Stickleback look, I's think you could carry that off!
DDT did a job on me

SuperSurfer

Dirty Frank for Stinktober. Geddit?

Third Estate Ned

Quote from: Neil McClements on 01 October, 2014, 07:59:19 PM
INKtober starts today.

I love the way this picture looks so raw but at the same time it's precision is striking. The way you've drawn it looked quite easy to copy until I tried to do so. I like the hatching on the Darth Maul one too.

Here is another effort from me. When I was a kid we played by a river, especially when a tidal bore locally called The Aegir passed by because it was an eerie and wondrous sight for us. I think the name is from a Norse god of the sea since the area had been under Viking rule at one time. To stop us playing there my dad recounted stories of a hooded figure who would emerge from the water and beckon children in before drowning them. That did the trick.

Only years later did I find out this hooded figure was from a public information film warning of the danger of ponds and unsupervised children and nothing to do with Norse mythology. My dad had seen it an used it to good effect with us. Here is my Inktober homage to that figure. Thanks to SuperSurfer for alerting me to Inktober, BTW, which has got me off my lazy arse to even try.

Mardroid

Nice. Particularly like the water effect.

Rogue Earthlet

Quote from: Rogue Earthlet on 02 October, 2014, 11:03:55 PM
Hope this works as I'm not familiar with this way of uploading images. Assuming it does, I couldn't create anything to compare with the wonderful art on this thread, but I thought this drawing might amuse. I've heard the Teletubbies are returning to tv and wondered what it'd be like if Justice Dept recruited Tinkywinky as a Mega City judge. In case the picture isn't self-explanatory enough, the triangle on his head is a radio, with a message from control coming in.

Couldn't work out how to upload image on last post, but think I've got it now, as pic is showing in the preview.

Hawkmumbler

I wasn't originaly going to post this because it's kinda shit, but I did a Dredd for Inktober too on the 1st.

Third Estate Ned

Quote from: Mardroid on 04 October, 2014, 07:46:08 PM
Nice. Particularly like the water effect.

Why, thank you. It was done in Tippex.

Neil McClements

Thanks Ned. The trick is not to think too much about it They're all done with fat and thin sharpies. All I'll say is for everyone you'll see here there will be a few you never will.

An Inktober request Alien android Ash.

dancornwell

Seriously dude your stuff should be plastered all over t-shirts. Every one

Jon

Was going to join in Inktober, but we're having some work done on the house and I can't find my pens.  :-[

Anyway, saw the Nemesis on the art comp thread, and it right put me in the mood to have a go myself for my evening session warm-up.

Stu101

Wow that's great, and just a bloody warmup...!
I like his eyes.

Jon

Thanks. Though, sadly, sometimes* the warm-ups work out better than the "proper"pieces.

*usually

Jon

A coloured version, and I'll go away for a bit...

Link Prime

Lovely Nemesis there Jon.

Stu101

Like this a lot, but I think my preference is for the B&W one... Will this be entered into the art comp?