Main Menu

2012 Advent Calendar COMMENTS thread.

Started by Pete Wells, 01 December, 2012, 12:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

I can see CF is going to be harrassing ASDA staff for this one:

DDT did a job on me

CrazyFoxMachine

Properly amazing detail on that one Larf, I was looking at it for HOURS. Stunning composition!

Cheers for all the kind words everyone, hopefully I'll have the time to do a properly massive one next year :P

shaolin_monkey

CFM - awesome take on Tharg, love it!

Megabus - Loving the script on your Dredd epic.  We're getting to the good (ie even better than it has been already!!!) stuff I feel.

LARF - Love it!!!  I saw it on iPhone browser initially, and couldn't quite make out what was going on, but having just looked at it on my work internet I can see all the detail.  Love the breakdown of sentencing!  Excellent! 

Darren Stephens

Terrific stuff, fellas. Each Megabus page gets better n better. Annual-tastic!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

von Boom

This calendar just showcases how much talent this board has. Well done all.

Bolt-01

Kanoobi

A great Prologue too Larf
A wonderful depiction,
Now I'm thinking in rhyme,
After reading your fiction :)

LARF

Thanks for the kind comments folks, this was more an experiment for me in trying to tie in my day job to my passion. There are a few hidden boarders in there mostly in the graffiti, I'm wondering whether folks have found them, also there is: a building name that's a scrabbled swell guy and the face of a well known 2000AD collector, quite hidden but on reflection can be found.

I had great fun doing this and adding in the detail. I don't often get the chance to enter the comps these days due to burning the candle at both ends at home and work but I'm pleased that the effort I put in here seems to have paid off with all your kind comments.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Mike

Buttonman

Fantastic Larf! And Buttonman on top of the pile too - again!

Darren Stephens

Only now had a chance to get a proper, up close look at Larfs pic. Superb details. Love the dead Santa figure!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

COMMANDO FORCES

Now I can comment on all the ones I haven't so far!

Darren Stephens
Christmas Based Stronts Very clever stuff and I especially like the lighting of the cigar!

Daveycandlish Dancing Time I saw the statue on Facebook and this is equally as insane, top notch stuff!

Albion Christmas Tree Very festive and I love the noses. I think this is the reason Dredd isn't smiling ;)

redbaz Joey Dredd Simply superb :D

CrazyFoxMachine Grumpy Festive Tharg I said it on Facebook but it looks nothing like Buttonman ;)

LARF Bah, Humbug! So much detail. I want that ap for my Sam's iPad NOW!

megabus MGM I now use you as my Midnight clock, keep it up ;)

Pete Wells

Quote from: LARF on 11 December, 2012, 07:09:55 PM
Thanks for the kind comments folks, this was more an experiment for me in trying to tie in my day job to my passion. There are a few hidden boarders in there mostly in the graffiti, I'm wondering whether folks have found them, also there is: a building name that's a scrabbled swell guy and the face of a well known 2000AD collector, quite hidden but on reflection can be found.

Ha! I can't believe I missed my block! I was looking to see if I'd made the grafitti and was crestfallen when I hadn't. Hooooray! Thanks a bazillion Larf!

David Broughton

Thanks once again for the positive comments regarding Dredd MGM.

LARF that is one skillfully created montage. From the nice use of Typography and lighting to the amazing thought and effort put into the 'Lawpad' touch screen design. Then you've capped the whole thing off with lots of extra hidden gags and a festive Dredd poem. I really enjoyed it all!

Dash Decent

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!

Seeing as there is no way to compete with LARFs work, I just need to complete a time machine before 24th December so I can post my stuff before his.  No hang on, redbaz posted before him, didn't he?  So if I post it just before that, I'll... No, hang on.  Mike posted those chocolates.  And megabus has been posting every day.

Sneck.

Computer, set the time machine for sometime back in July!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

von Boom

Another great page megabus. Just great.

I keep reading Joey Dredd over and over. I want more of this.