Main Menu

2012 Advent Calendar COMMENTS thread.

Started by Pete Wells, 01 December, 2012, 12:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbaz

Hi all, great stuff being done on the Advent Calender. Didn't want to derail it by adding another of mine but thought you may like this...

Neil McClements

shaolin_monkey

That's a great sketch - made me giggle in work.  Nice one!

Trout - nice little short story.  You filled my head with all sorts of weird partying shenanigans!

von Boom

Great sketch redbaz. Thanks for the chortle.

Nice story trout.

Great page megabus. Boffins mess up again.

WhitBloke

Trout The Magic Man - Such deft strokes of Christmas magic, but is it true that you don't do this often?  A pity if so, because that was an utterly charming mix of that peculiar bittersweetness and wistfulness that such stories deserve.  Thanks for a lovely, lovely read.

Megabus - I'm making you a little KTT in my heart, you lovely nonstop wonder, you.

CrazyFoxMachine - I keep thinking, poor sod Tharg, he's looking at the riotous mess the creator droids made at their Christmas do while he was getting changed and Mek-Quake's on holiday.  Great stuff!

Larf - Oh, dear Grud, that's addictive.  So much fun to just simply enjoy roving my eye over, spotting all those superb details and absolutely loving each one that's there to be found in a whole that's become a regular pleasure to scroll past.  Basically, that's just stupefyingly superb.

Dunk! - I really like the way the Lawmaster's just a flamy, forgotten plummety impact in the making while the real action continues.  No way does that robot meet city code, you spittleface squidy-bearded Santa creep, too right Dredd's gonna getcha! 

Simontm - Unexpected extra treatiness?  Hell, yeah!

Redbaz - You got another chortle right here.  And then another one when I clocked the tooth on Death.
So this is der place then, Johnny?

Trout

Pete Wells

Yep, brilliant Mike, I loved it. A wonderfully festive, heart-warming tale beautifully told.

I love this calendar!

David Broughton

Trout, thanks for a great short story I really enjoyed it.

Thanks once again for the positive comments regarding Dredd MGM over the last few days.

Dandontdare

I haven't commented for a while 'cos I didn't just want to say"that was awesome" again and again, but every day has been a treat.

For the second year running Mike Carroll has given us a glimpse of A Thrillpowered Christmas That Could Have Been; Joey Dredd made me properly guffaw (does anyone guffaw any more?), Larf, Dunk, Owen everyone - you're fantastic. Trouty's story made me fill up at the end.

And special mention to megabus for his old-skool, rollicking daily Dredd adventure. So much work has gone into this and I'm loving it.  And he got Stacey and Iz into it - yay!

TordelBack

You arty girls'n'boys are magic, and I love every glistening work-sodden eyeful, but Trouty gave us something very special there.  Wasted on teaching hacks punctuation, that one.

von Boom

It's getting difficult to find superlatives for this thread. It's all been simply wow.

David Broughton

Neil, I love both pictures. The detail in Block War Santa is awesome!
Shaoline monkey, your kids drawings ROCK! :)

Trout

Quote from: Big Barry PengeBack on 15 December, 2012, 07:40:45 AM
Wasted on teaching hacks punctuation, that one.

They don't fucking listen, you know.  :)

Thanks for the encouragement, Tordel and others. I reckon I'll do a bit more of that sort of thing in the future. I enjoyed it. (Also, it was a welcome break from the drains that had backed up that day. I had about two paragraphs to go when I had to break off to dry out and disinfect the entire kitchen, including washing every dish I own. Sorry - wrong thread.)

I'm loving all the posts this year. Isn't it great that we still have more than a week to go?

Dash Decent

Shaolin Monkey, your kids draw Dredd better than I can!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Buttonman

Yeah Monkey man - no pros until X-mas eve!