Main Menu

2000ad suspected IP infringement thread

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 06 August, 2010, 12:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Dom

Quote from: Emperor on 20 February, 2011, 10:01:28 PM
Not sure if this counts here or if it should be in its own thread titled "more stuff for CF to buy":

www.redbubble.com/people/yayzus/t-shirts/6516992-1-judge-dredd-kitty

Still... Judge Kitty, great idea.

That's actually great! I might have to get one of these! Daughter loves Hello Kitty and is aware of Dredd...nice little cross-over here.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Emperor

Dredd/Boba Fett:

www.redbubble.com/people/robotrobotrobot/t-shirts/6862636-1-judge-fett

I suspect that, like the Hello Kitty one, this kind of mash-up of iconic images gets through some kind of fair use loop hole by being "transformative" or even a "parody" (which I see is one of the tags on the side of the page).

File under: More goodies for the Cellar of Dredd.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

TordelBack

Wow!  That's shite!  (Hopes that no-one reading this involved, but still... it's shite!)

COMMANDO FORCES

You can change the colour by clicking on the colour chart, what fun I just had  :D

Proudhuff

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 14 March, 2011, 04:37:01 PM
You can change the colour by clicking on the colour chart, what fun I just had  :D

You got to get out more CF!
DDT did a job on me

Professor Bear

This one is some sort of Judge Dredd knock-off:

And so is this one, but at least it seems to go to great lengths to cover up the fact:

Misanthrope

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 24 February, 2011, 09:07:10 PM
Weird one this: i was in a shop in town today, and the assistant noticed my dredd lapel badge, and asked if it was from a film or a game or something. I told her it was a comic, and she said, "oh, because i used to get paid by judge dredd productions when i worked for a games company in Ireland." She went on to explain that, while it wasnt the name of the company, it "was the name on our payslips".
How bizarre.
SBT

A 'Judge Dredd Company' were bought by 'Doom Troopers Corporation' in 2007. I wonder if it is the same people?
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

COMMANDO FORCES

It seems as though they have just cut up the material from the quilt covers to make loads of those!

The Adventurer

I wasn't sure where to put this, but I think this must be right. I was reading my monthly comic alotment and got into some of my Image Comics. On the back of a lot of them is an advertisment for Robert Kirkman's new All-Ages book Super Dinosaur. While I was admiringn the artwork of Jason Howard, my eyes were drawn to the chest logo Super Dinosaur sports...

Look familiar? Like the certain badage a certain mutant bounty hunter sports? I'm sure its unintentional, but I thought it was a little odd how similar it looks.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Emperor

Quote from: The Adventurer on 18 April, 2011, 07:29:41 PM
I wasn't sure where to put this, but I think this must be right. I was reading my monthly comic alotment and got into some of my Image Comics. On the back of a lot of them is an advertisment for Robert Kirkman's new All-Ages book Super Dinosaur. While I was admiringn the artwork of Jason Howard, my eyes were drawn to the chest logo Super Dinosaur sports...

Look familiar? Like the certain badage a certain mutant bounty hunter sports? I'm sure its unintentional, but I thought it was a little odd how similar it looks.

Mentioned here before:

http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,31914.0.html
http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,31421.msg571803.html#msg571803
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

The Adventurer

Quote from: Emperor on 18 April, 2011, 08:57:08 PM

Mentioned here before:

http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,31914.0.html
http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,31421.msg571803.html#msg571803
Hmm, fair enough. But that badge they used to compare... I was more reacting to this badge from the spine of the Agency Files...

Which, except from the little tab on the bottom of the Strontium Dog 'S', is bang on identical.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Misanthrope

This belongs to Scooby Doo.

I think it is just a coincidence.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?