Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmocco

Yeah, took him a while to get to it and felt bad reminding him, even though it was as he requested. Well worth the wait though.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

COMMANDO FORCES

Skullmo

Really love that commission! Carlos pulls it off again ::D
It's a joke. I was joking.

Simon Beigh

I asked Karl Richardson a little while ago for a "Dredd head" commish. It's an iconic pose, and I'd like a few art droids to let me have their interpretation of it. Anyway, he found time this week and here it is, done in pencil (which I think is his favourite medium):

Gotta love the way he has got my name into the shadowing on the helmet!

Sideshow Bob

Another very nice commission, SimeonB...... :D
And a very nice touch to have a 'Simeon Brewer block' showing in the reflection on Dredds' helmet.....

That's a very fine collection you are building up mate...

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Skullmo

They make sinthi-beer at the Brewer block.

A great commission! Did you ask for the helmet reflection - it's a great idea!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Simon Beigh

Yeah, really weak synthi-beer.. ;)

I didn't ask for it, it came out of Karl's head. I just asked for a Dredd head, side-on pose looking left and for his interpretation. I didn't anticipate such a brilliant idea. So that's the gauntlet thrown down to other artists who I commission!

Spikes

Dont forget to pay Pete Wells his 10%....

ming

Just in time for the bumper book of Zenith fun to arrive, here's a recent commission.  Steve Yeowell revisiting pretty much my favourite scene from Phase III.

This, plus a few versions / pencils are now in my CAF gallery and I'll add a larger scan soon.  I've also added the names of all the characters but one; any ideas who the mystery lady at three o'clock could be?

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1055853

hippynumber1

Steve's work continues to surpass expectations; absolutely beautiful... Can't wait to see his DeMarco.

Greg M.

Quote from: ming on 26 September, 2013, 02:58:11 PM
I've also added the names of all the characters but one; any ideas who the mystery lady at three o'clock could be?
Remarkable stuff. Re: the leady - the proximity to Lux and the hairstyle suggest Spook? That said, it's been ages since I've read it, so I really can't remember much about her involvement in Phase 3 at all. Actually, maybe it's Ruby?

Spikes

Just in time for the bumper book of Zenith fun to arrive, here's a recent commission.  Steve Yeowell revisiting pretty much my favourite scene from Phase III.

Wow - this is incredible. Lovely stuff, David.

ming

Quote from: Greg M. on 26 September, 2013, 03:56:28 PM
I've also added the names of all the characters but one; any ideas who the mystery lady at three o'clock could be?
Remarkable stuff. Re: the leady - the proximity to Lux and the hairstyle suggest Spook? That said, it's been ages since I've read it, so I really can't remember much about her involvement in Phase 3 at all. Actually, maybe it's Ruby?

Doesn't seem to be Spook (she appears with a beret and a stripy top in these scenes) or the rejuvenated Ruby, either:

The handy Zenith scorecard even draws a blank, so maybe she'll remain unidentifiable...
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s/scorcard.htm

Colin YNWA

Oh. My. Word.

I was just starting to think about what to start saving for next... Seeing that has just made me think it will be more Yeowell. The man is beyond good.

That is crazy fantastic.

vzzbux

Zenith was pure mastermanclass. Phase three being my fave.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.