Main Menu

RESULTS THREAD. Stick It To The Man.

Started by Kerrin, 10 January, 2011, 09:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrin

Well I'd say you've stuck it to him good! For a comp that was done as a bit of a laugh over the festive period the response was fantastic. Thanks again from your fellow boarders for making it such a blast and lets get to the results.

In 3rd we have one of 8 entries (yes, 8!) from the cracked genius behind ECBT2000AD...

BLUEMEANIE 3

Well done Rich! You got loads of votes mate, spread over several of your entries (fnaar).

In 2nd, this one made me laugh like a twat, we have confirmation of one of 2000AD's worst kept secrets. Courtesy of...

JOHNNYSTRESS 1

Titter.

Pausing briefly, as is traditional in these circumstances, to honorably mention....EVERYBODY, we reach the pinnacle of our 3-panel stick man sequential art based fun.

In 1st. Narrowly beating Mr.McMonagle's fabulous strip by the skin of it's two dimensional teeth and showing us how it's really done is a tittilating titan of the board. Laugh? Oh sorry, that's...

LARF 3

CONGRATULATIONS LARF

Championi, championi...Bask in the adoration of the board sir! You are also the winner of a character study commission of your choice from Matt Soffe you lucky lucky devil. I'll give you a PM to sort out details.

Congratulations again to everyone who took part, and voted, and generally made this a laugh. I'm sure this won't be the last stick man comp we see but someone else can sort it out next time, I'm a broken shell of a man after posting that voting thread. :D

CHEERS

And if I've got those positions wrong, Pete Wells can kick me in the balls.

mygrimmbrother

Congrats Larf, and to all who entered, that was a lot of fun! And Kerrin - get yourself to centreparcs to recuperate post-haste.

Greg M.

Yeah Kerrin, that was an absolutely inspired competition and it really did the business as far as getting people on board and involved! Well done, man! And congrats to the big three, particularly Larf, I am pleased to note that I voted for all three ranked contestants (though I went for a different one of Bluemeanie's.)

bluemeanie

Cool.... two of my three votes and the third only beaten out by me  :)

This was a really fun comp guys. Tho I'm looking forward to seeing some real artwork in the next one I hope there's another one for us art-tards in the near future

LARF

Fuck me, I've won something!

Wow.

Thank you everyone for voting for me, that's bloody brilliant!

I must say though that there were some fantastic entries, and some very stiff competition, so well done everybody, good show.

Best get my thinking cap on with regards to my winnings...

But I'd like to thank Kerrin for creating such a cracking competition, and twisting Matt Soffe's arm into providing the prize.

Three cheers for Kerrin, hip hip...

Alski

Best art comp yet, as it allowed utter drawing noobs to get in on the act.

Can we have another similar one (maybe running alongside the proper arty one).
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Van Dom

Well done lads, deserving winners. And thanks Kerrin for getting the ball rolling on this, was a great idea and provided a shed load of laughs.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

johnnystress

yay!
congrats Larf! Thanks for the votes people

nice start to the day

CrazyFoxMachine

Bloody brilliant - well done Bluemeanie, LARF & Johnnystress :D Also a big pat on the head for the genius Kerrin for the idea and implementation - !

You've got one vote for these running in place of Droid Life!