The Enigmatic Dr X

No love for the trailer?

Can't wait myself. Top, top games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGFjBmD41Q
Lock up your spoons!

Keef Monkey

Yeah there was already some gushing here:

http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,31256.0.html

I forgot to do my gushing there though so I'll do it here...I absolutely cannot wait. Mass Effect 2 is possibly my favourite gaming experience of all time and this looks EPIC!

Darren Stephens

I just picked up Mass Effect 2 brand new for £4.99 in GAME, of all places. An insane bargain!  :D
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 01 January, 2011, 09:55:05 AM
I just picked up Mass Effect 2 brand new for £4.99 in GAME, of all places. An insane bargain!  :D

That's mental, £4.99 for the best game of 2010. Nice!

Zarjazzer

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 01 January, 2011, 09:55:05 AM

Good stuff! I'm hooked on Mass Effect and ME2  and am still playing them. A year to wait for the next 'un though. Bah! The Blue Sun yobbos are some of my favourite gaming bad guys! (Apart from the dread mercs in Far Cry and the "re-born" in JK2)
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Jared Katooie

This year I will buy a new computer and play all these brilliant games people keep talking about.

It must happen.

SquashedFly

I got the second one for Christmas after nearly a year out from gaming. It is brilliant. This and Red Dead Redemption have been stealing hours of my life away. Once I finish ME2 I will be eagerly awaiting the third one.

mogzilla

judging by that teaser trailer thngs are grim for mankind ,i wonder if theyve spread to other civillastions as well?

cannot wait.

Emp

Just finished ME2 and i hope they sort out any resource gathering ME3. Seemed that in the second one you gathered more resources than you would ever need when more of the planets could have contained encounters.

Its a small gripe and it won't stop me getting the next installment.

Keef Monkey

Well alright!

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/10/black-swan-composer-clint-mansell-working-on-mass-effect-3-sou/

The music's always been exceptionally strong in ME anyway, and knowing Mansell is involved is pretty exciting.

bluemeanie

Just been announced they've bumped this game back to 2012

Ah well, better late than ANYTHING less than goddamn gaming perfection

Keef Monkey

First reaction: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Followed by the acceptance that game delays are always for the best. I'd actually been a little worried about how quickly they were trying to turn it out, especially with Dragon Age 2 being criticized for showing signs of being rushed a bit. It'll still be fully epic, ME2 is my favorite game ever, so they've set the bar high!

radiator

Funnily enough I've just been playing the original Mass Effect for the first time - really good game, but some pretty serious flaws stop it short of being truly great. Feel as if I'm getting towards the end now, and tbh I'm starting to get a little tired of the near-identical missions.

Easily one of the strongest stories I've seen in a game in a while - the universe is kinda cool - they clearly spent a lot of time thinking up all the background stuff, but I can't escape the nagging feeling that it is essentially equal parts Star Wars, Star Trek, Aliens and Halo.

I've heard mixed things about ME2 - a good friend of mine absolutely adores the first one, but didn't like the second much - said the story was weak, and the RPG-ness was stripped back a lot. Any thoughts? I'll probably end up getting it, but not for a while - need a break after the first one.

bluemeanie

I enjoyed the first but the second is, for me, the best game ever... well, maybe 2nd after Rebelstar Raiders.

Theres a lot less inventory juggling etc and it is geared more towards action but theres still a hell of a lot of RPG in there and there are some literally breathtaking story moments.

I was holding off a replay of 1 and 2 till I'd got the third as want to do the whole story once before I go back and do it all good/evil/whatever. Might not be able to hang on now

radiator

QuoteTheres a lot less inventory juggling etc

"You now have 136 items. The limit is 150 items. Please sell or convert unwanted item to onmi-gel (whatever the hell that is)".

Ugh.

One of the main flaws I have noticed is that it is entirely unnecessary to buy anything, ever, as you find more than enough weapons and equipment simply lying around. Kind smacks of not enough play-testing...

That and the totally unintuitive Mako controls - I still don't understand how to reverse the bloody thing! Always end up stopping dead in the middle of a firefight. I've heard there's no driving in the sequel.