Main Menu

Game in biiiiiig trouble?

Started by Keef Monkey, 08 February, 2012, 09:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

James Stacey

JSouth5942

COMMANDO FORCES

There was a discussion about this on the business radio show the other morning and above all things they did ask why they had multiple shops in small and medium towns!

betel_uk

I guess they picked up some duplication when they got together with GameStation but it can't have made much sense other than at Christmas when there were massive queues. It's not like the two brands felt very different...

Dr Feeley Good

Just traded some old Xbox 360 and ds games in at Gamestation, they are doing really good rates at the minute.. Most of the games were old and I thought I would get £40 tops.. I got £132 !!! Only problem not a lot to spend it on !! I just got Microsoft points, iTunes vouchers and a plug and charge kit for my Xbox controller.

radiator

QuoteI guess they picked up some duplication when they got together with GameStation

When they took over Electronics Botique too. I always thought it was bizarre that they kept so many shops - some towns have (or had) two GAMEs within a couple of minutes walk of each other. The town where I used to live had two GAMEs and a Gamestation, and that wasn't even an especially big town.

Satanist

I think there was a clause when they took over Gamestation that they werent allowed to instantly kill off the competition and had to keep them open for a certain amount of time. Thats why you have so many cases of Game & GS on the same street.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

klute

Quote from: Satanist on 29 March, 2012, 05:12:01 PM
I think there was a clause when they took over Gamestation that they werent allowed to instantly kill off the competition and had to keep them open for a certain amount of time. Thats why you have so many cases of Game & GS on the same street.

In durham GS was close as soon as game took over the same happened to music zone when hmv bought them out.

the problem in both cases was that the companys they bought out provided a better and cheaper option i'll be buying games/music/dvds online from now on ifact looking at the service we get at the local hmv i'm not surprised it's struggling and game had been on it's arse a while sadly.
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.