Main Menu

2018: forthcoming thrills..

Started by janus stark, 05 January, 2018, 12:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Some real treats in the Rebellions September solicitations:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/21/2000ad-rebellion-september-2018-solicits/

Great line-up in Prog 2100 with Kingdom back, Brink back, Skip Tracer bac... oh hold on it it go? Anyway and Fiends of the East Front back with an intriguing premise - do we know the creative team for this one?

Elsewhere the Meg gets a shiny 400th issue too with Lawless and Blunt amongst the treats.

We get another Misty volume - I'd missed this was happening but that might just be me being rubbish? Sniper Elite gets a great Colin Wilson cover, can we have more Colin Wilson please Tharg

BUT for me the biggest news in this month of pretty big stuff I'd say is the floppie with Meg 400 is Mind Wars - never read it but can't wait to get my hands on more Redondo goodness!

sheridan

I've seen a few Jinty ads lately - looks like the resurrection of 1970s/1980s British children's comics is continuing apace.

Richard

That's good news about Mind Wars, it was excellent and deserves to find a new audience.

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 June, 2018, 06:14:26 PM

Great line-up in Prog 2100 with Kingdom back, Brink back, Skip Tracer bac... oh hold on it it go? Anyway and Fiends of the East Front back with an intriguing premise - do we know the creative team for this one?

Hopefully for Fiends we get some black and white Colin MacNeil art similar to his Defoe work

Also looking forward to Mind Wars
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

gameluvah

Did anyone else's heart sink when it was noted that Skip Tracer was coming back :(? I can't miss you if you're not gone.

Spoiler: I don't think I'll miss Skip Tracer anyway.  :(

That said, looking forward to the returns of Lawless, Brink, and Fiends of the Eastern Front!!!

Taryn Tailz

The new Fiends of the Eastern Front strip sounds very intriguing.

broodblik

Quote from: gameluvah on 21 June, 2018, 07:51:39 PM
Did anyone else's heart sink when it was noted that Skip Tracer was coming back :(? I can't miss you if you're not gone.

I actually enjoy it. Maybe some patience to see how the series develops. Hopefully the keep the combo of Marshall/Teague on art duty
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

gameluvah

Quote from: broodblik on 21 June, 2018, 08:27:17 PM
Quote from: gameluvah on 21 June, 2018, 07:51:39 PM

I actually enjoy it. Maybe some patience to see how the series develops. Hopefully the keep the combo of Marshall/Teague on art duty

That's the problem, it's not developing...at all. I have never seen a story work so hard to go nowhere, the art is very good though.

I, Cosh

Not keen on Skip Tracer so far but good in Tharg's for finally taking heed of the eternal criticism and scheduling a quick follow up to a new strip.

More importantly, I had no idea Peter Capaldi was an artist in a formerlife.
We never really die.

Frank

Quote from: I, Cosh on 21 June, 2018, 09:34:52 PM

I was completely unaware of this one brilliant way to check if I had PPI.

Skip Tracer's by-the-numbers stuff, but I'd rather see something new not quite work than new creators put on old strips getting by on name recognition.

I also agree that Ewan McGregor would be the most disappointing thing about an Obi-Wan Kenobi film, too, but there's no way I'm jumping into that thread. *

* A lot of very deep-seated issues being worked out there, and when the dust settles nobody involved will ever be quite the same person they were before:  https://youtu.be/T5XYNQv6F_o?t=38s

M.I.K.

Quote from: I, Cosh on 21 June, 2018, 09:34:52 PM

Peter Capaldi is a pretty damn good artist in his current life.

Pretty sure he didnae draw for Misty, though.

gameluvah

Quote from: Frank on 21 June, 2018, 10:20:37 PM

Skip Tracer's by-the-numbers stuff, but I'd rather see something new not quite work than new creators put on old strips getting by on name recognition.

I'm going to have to fully agree with you there.

Dash Decent

Rico Dredd: The Titan Years Paperback  – 4 Apr 2019

Original fiction featuring the story of Judge Dredd's evil twin Rico's years on Titan, finally revealed.

You know about me. I'm Rico Dredd, Joe Dredd's big brother.

I'm the clone that went bad, that brought shame on Judge Fargo's legacy.

I was a Judge, the best the Academy of Law ever turned out. The very best. But after less than a year on the streets of Mega-City One, I was brought down, taken in. It was Little Joe who caught me; second-best Judge there's been.

Broken, sentenced, stripped of office, I was shipped out to the brutal moon Titan, to do my twenty years' hard labour. Yeah, you know about Rico Dredd.

But do you know what really happened? Why I did it? What it was like, out there on the edge of space, doing time in the Bronze?

Truth is, mister, you know stomm about me.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd: Cold Wars Paperback  – 7 Mar 2019

The timely and critically acclaimed brand-new collection featuring Judge Dredd's latest thrilling adventures

BEASTS IN THE EAST!

After returning from a mission into Sov territory, Judge Dredd finds himself at odds with fellow veterans of another past conflict – The Apocalypse War.

Under orders from the Justice Department, Dredd returns to the depths of Siberia where things start to go wrong... even his training and iron will might not be enough against the bitter cold, angry mutants and the echoes of past conflicts!

Featuring stories from Michael Carroll, Rob Williams and John Wagner with stunning art from Trevor Hairsine, Dan Cornwell, Paul Davidson and Colin MacNeil.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll