Main Menu

Dredd Beat em up

Started by Matt, 26 November, 2001, 04:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

I'm currently working on the code for a Shockwave beat em up game based around the now classic Street Fighter series. What I plan to do is theme the game around Dredd & his world. What I want to know is this:
 1. Wake, if you considered it to be good enough, would you be prepared to host the game on this site. It would be a downloadable Shockwave file for both Mac & PC users.
2. This is purely a fan-based game. I wouldn't be creating it for commercial purposes & is just a way of developing my own coding skills, so would Rebellion allow me to use Dredd characters without suing me for every penny I have?
3. Which characters would the readers like to see? So far I've thought of Dredd, Anderson, Mean Angel, Mechanismo, Judge Death, Grampus, Orlok and Call Me Kenneth. If I go ahead with the Dredd theme then I'll take the most voted for characters. I might even include Scojo as a hidden character!
4. What backdrops would the readers like to see? I've got Mega-City One, the Cursed Earth, Deadworld, Grand Hall of Justice, Lunar City.

So c'mon guys, let me know what you think & I'll start of putting it together. And remember, it's only for a laugh. Don't go expecting Tekken or anything!

MATT

nathan

Characters:
Fink Angel. He could throw paralyzin' pizen balls for his special attack.

Trapper Hag

HOWLER!

N

Wood

Hershey.
Judge Janus? (it's OK. I'm kidding. I know I'm the only one who liked her)
Rico
Chopper (on a skysurf board!)
The Zombie Judge Dredd (from City of the Damned... then you could have Dredd vs. Dredd)
Lenny Zero?

Wake

Yes I would be happy to add it to the download section. There are other fans working on games too so hopefully some will start appearing soon.

The game must include the line "All characters [c] and TM Rebellion. Used with permission."
The game must also include a link to www.2000ADonline.com

However you should email Rebellion with your proposal (pr@2000adonline.com) in order to get the above 'permission'.

Good luck.

Wake

Thread Zero

Scojo
Uses of:

All material appertaining to said person, and/or any likeness, are the sole copyright of the aforementioned.

Any use of the aforesaid personage, without prior consent, be it written, oral or in any other form, is strictly prohibited.

So up yours!:0)

scojo the lawyer

2000AD Online

sounds great.  I'd like to see myself, DeMarco and Walter the Wobot

Dominic O'Rourke

with his evil special move - throwing a screaming spitting cat!!

or his baffle me move, the player is bogged down with scripts until he submits!!

but then he pulls his most special move, the give us a giggle move, and has us all splitting our sides!!!

anyone remember the request for a Floyd Kermode Action figure!!
Member No. 10

evil.genius

Fan Lee, AKA Deathfist is just begging to be part of this.

El Spurioso

Can't believe no one's mentioned Raptaur yet.  Or Murd the Oppressor.  And a big scary Dune Shark as one of the bosses.

evil.genius

Captain Shank would be a good addition too.

O Lucky Stevie!

scojo's mum!

("are you still on that 2000ad board in there, scojo? you're toad in the hole's been on the table for the last half an hour!")

steven l'enfant terrible;)
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"