Main Menu

Best And Worst TV Series Endings

Started by GrinningChimera, 23 December, 2013, 07:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningChimera

Just wondering what everyone else would pick?

For me the best would have to be Breaking Bad. There was no better way they could have ended that.

As for the worst. The Sopranos. No question. Whoever decided on that ending should be sleeping with the fishes.

What are your guys picks?

radiator

Always loved the ending of This Life. It's just perfect and leaves the audience wanting more.

Let's just all forget about This Life +10...

JamesC

I agree that This Life ending was one of the best things to happen to British Television (This Life starting being one of the worst)!

radiator

What, compared to Simon Cowell? Seems more than a little absurd to have so much hatred for an unassuming cult late night drama series that ran for two series nearly twenty years ago.

Dandontdare

Blake's Seven has to be the best ever.

CrazyFoxMachine

[spoiler]Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes or Lost [/spoiler]- something where everyone was like "oh they're in purgatory"

and all the show runners state "no it's not purgatory it's something else"

and everyone is like "are you sure?"

and the show runners say "yes, come on how much imagination do we think we have?"

and then it ends and it's purgatory and the show runners hang their heads and go "we don't have imaginations I'm sorry" :(

Also spoiler tags everyone some of us are still working our way through Breaking Bad!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 23 December, 2013, 07:55:36 AM

As for the worst. The Sopranos. No question. Whoever decided on that ending should be sleeping with the fishes.

Big fan of the end of The Sopranos.  Thought it was all there and in my mind at least I know exactly what went down. 

NapalmKev

Best tv ending: Blackadder series 4, the bit where they go 'over the top'. Very well done I thought.

Worst tv ending: Lost.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Link Prime

I always thought DS9 wrapped up very nicely, and more recently was quite satisfied with breaking Bad.

On the dark side: I was a Lost apologist right up until the 2nd last episode.
The veil was punctured by that ridiculous ending.

JamesC

Quote from: radiator on 23 December, 2013, 08:58:38 AM
What, compared to Simon Cowell? Seems more than a little absurd to have so much hatred for an unassuming cult late night drama series that ran for two series nearly twenty years ago.

Absurd it may be but I did have a pathological hatred for the show which was made worse every time someone went on about how great it was (although I knew plenty of other people who couldn't bear it too - I guess it was one of those Marmite things).
Everyone knows that Simon Cowell shows are shite (or at least disposable fodder) but I'd probably get equally as annoyed if people started evangelising about the X-Factor as though it was the second coming too.

Sorry if I've offended you - it probably comes off as pretty arrogant to dis something that someone else has just said that they really like. I guess we all have things we just can't bear and it hit my buttons.
It's really none of my business if you enjoyed the show and I really shouldn't try to spoil your fun.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JamesC on 23 December, 2013, 10:59:32 AM
It's really none of my business if you enjoyed the show and I really shouldn't try to spoil your fun.

You've used the internet before, right?

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JamesC

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 23 December, 2013, 11:02:46 AM
Quote from: JamesC on 23 December, 2013, 10:59:32 AM

You've used the internet before, right?

Cheers!

Jim

Yeah, but it's Christmas!

Mikey

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 23 December, 2013, 07:55:36 AM
Just wondering what everyone else would pick?

For me the best would have to be Breaking Bad. There was no better way they could have ended that.

Oh, you see, you've got that entirely the wrong way round. You're welcome.

The BSG reboot could've ended really well if they had stopped when [spoiler]they found 'Earth'[/spoiler] but instead suffered a bit of a slow, vaguely disappointing burn out in my opinion. The Wire had a disappointing last series in one way as I could have watched a few more series, but I thought it was wrapped up well overall [spoiler]and good to see Bubs get a break in the end[/spoiler].

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

TordelBack

Babylon 5 had a magnificent ending: exciting, satisfying, melancholic and intriguing all at the same time. 

Then they made a fifth season.

Greg M.

...which ended with an episode originally intended to end the fourth season. Which remains a great final episode.