Main Menu

Judge Dredd Megazine 300 - Where can I buy it online?

Started by PsychoGoatee, 03 July, 2010, 06:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychoGoatee

So this gets released in August on 11/08/2010, over a month from now, but I can't find it available for pre-order at the usual online stores.

I guess you have to notify them ahead of time, so I decided hey I'll subscribe to the Megazine so they'll get it, which starts at 302. And I managed to find a couple other sites which'll let me pre-order 301.

However, I can't find anyplace that'll get me 300. Anyone know? Thanks. I'm in the US, but I'd order from a site anywhere.

malkymac

Can you not order one off issues from here? I have ordered individual issues on here before that I had missed in the local shop.

willthemightyW

wait a minute, isue 300 is going to be available at whsmiths over here isn't it?
Oh and by the goateee, can't you get it off a back issue site after it comes out?
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: malkymac on 04 July, 2010, 08:35:44 PM
Can you not order one off issues from here?

I don't think you currently can from the online shop.

Quote from: willthemightyW on 04 July, 2010, 09:30:47 PMOh and by the goateee, can't you get it off a back issue site after it comes out?

Possibly, know any good ones? The usual sites generally have the megazines out of stock and backordered.

James Stacey

PsychoGoatee

Well, luckily after e-mailing a few, one online comic store did pre-order this for me.

300, that's pretty historic. :D

Judge Olde

Quote from: PsychoGoatee on 07 July, 2010, 10:36:30 PM
Well, luckily after e-mailing a few, one online comic store did pre-order this for me.

300, that's pretty historic. :D

There's been way more issues than 300 & the current numbering was also changed, if I remember correctly. Nice The Meg is still going, but it can't be on solid ground. It's been wobbling along for some time. I still read it, but find that most of it, like movie reviews are done elsewhere & done better. As a long time reader of 2k & earlier Meg - I don't want to pay for reprints I didn't like in the first place & if I wanted Tank Girl - I'd go & buy it. Give me Dreddworld Meg without the padding & I'd buy it again for sure. But I AM happy its got as old as '300ish'  :P

Proudhuff

Got to disagree Olde, far from wobbling the Meg is at its best for a long while, Great Dreddverse stuff: Dredd in the cursed earth, Johnny Woo, Tales from the Black M, Lost Cases.  The text stuff has been good too: interviews with creators, heads up on new comics,Pat Mills up and coming stuff, showcasing small press etc, and of course a great letters page  :D

For us subbers 300 should hit the hall carpet next Saturday, Posties willing!!
DDT did a job on me

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: Judge Olde on 09 July, 2010, 03:48:32 PMThere's been way more issues than 300 & the current numbering was also changed, if I remember correctly.

For the record, there have not been more than 300 issues, the current numbering is accurate.

The first volume of the Meg ran for 20 issues, then they restarted the numbering for volume 2 which ran 83 issues, then volume 3 which ran 79 issues, then volume 4 which lasted for 18 issues.

Those all add up to 200 issues, and the current numbering started with Megazine 201, accurately reflecting how many issues there are, and we're still going on that numbering today. :thumbsup: