Main Menu

2000 AD

Started by munka, 21 December, 2002, 02:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

munka

Due to A new baby i'm looking into the possability of selling my entire collection of original 2000ad and Dredd from no. 1 to present in both cases.Anyone any idea what price i should be looking at

karne

Ten Quid the lot. I'd be prepared to give you twenty though. Don't mention this to anyone else mind or the deals off.

Wake

If you're lucky you should be able to get ?1000 for the lot. Yes, I know it's worth more than that...maybe ?2000, but you can't sell for that kind of price in one go. You should be able to get at least ?500 reasonably easily, assuming the valuable progs (1-10, 71, 72, 77, and 78) are all in at least Very Good condition.

Wake

Queen Firey-Bou

Noooooooo Don't do it !!! its worth much much more to your baby as a complete collection to inherit... Its taken 16 years for my baby to fully understand the power which lies in his 20 box inheritance, but its awsome..don't sell, you'll resent the sprog & be a terribley haunted parent for eeeeverrrr!

Devons Daddy

its her isnt it?
be strong. hide the first 100 progs and then sell the rest off on ebay.
now i have to leave before devons mummy sees this and contacts your lady munka.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Bolt-01

Dont do it.

Put them in the attic and wait.

If this is purely monetary (you are strapped after having the little one) then I advise you to wait. I have been there and believe me the money you may realise for a collecton is nothing to the regret you will feel for letting it go.

If you have to; stop buying. Don't get rid though.

Best for you all

Dave6795

Mangamax

Agree with dave. Once they're gone they're gone for good and going out to buy back some issues later leaves a nasty taste in the mouth. Trust me.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

2000AD Online

yeah keep them in a safe place

mongor2003

Don't do it, you'll only reget it later, I lost a few progs moving house earlier this year (only about 20 or so,although two of them where progs 2000 and 2001)and that hurt, so I dread to think what selling 25 years worth of progs would feel like.

Devons Daddy

wow
great to know this is a shared emotion.

would suggest if it is money though selling the 101 onwards may make a fair amount for you on ebay, and keep your sanity intact.
you have to be objective sometimes.

I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

apoliges here for not noting the most important part of your thread.

congrats on the new scrott,
makes life seem so much fuller.worth almost any sacrifice.even a tooth collection.
well almost.
:~)
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

mongor2003

Yeah, congrats. Boy or Girl ?