Main Menu

Top Films of 2008

Started by wrly_bird, 13 December, 2008, 03:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrly_bird

Fuck, forgot SWEENY TODD. Loved this too.

Mardroid

I think I've only see The Incredible Hulk this year. I wanted to see plenty though, I just never got round to it (and the finances are rather strained.)

Since it's the only one, I guess it will have to be my best and worst film.

Actually it was ok.  Not much in way of story-line but fairly good stompy fun.  Ang Lee's Hulk for me was too far the other way- lots of psychological stuff. Here's hoping that if they do  Hulk sequel they get the balance right.

TordelBack

Quote...good Decent storylines...

Anyone but me see The Changeling?   That had edge-of-the-seat story-driven tension if ever I saw it.  Awesome, if horrible, film.

Martin Jameson

Most of the above but I really enjoyed Hancock too.

Buddy

Quote from: "Uncle Umpty"Hits:
Wall*E
Iron Man
Indy Jones
Bond
Madagasgar 2
Hellboy 2

Not Hit:
The Dark Knight
Hulk

Thats all I can think of at the moment, will update if I remember more.

QuoteMarisa Tomei prancing about in the buff gets pass marks from me from the off!

This one is now top of my 'to do' list. How could I hasve missed that????

Oh, and I really enjoyed Speed Racer... but I don't know why?!

TheEdge

Quote from: "TordelBack"
Quote...good Decent storylines...

Anyone but me see The Changeling?   That had edge-of-the-seat story-driven tension if ever I saw it.  Awesome, if horrible, film.

I didnt realise it was out yet, Will this actually be clints last movie??????????????
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

SmallBlueThing

Tops:

The Mist
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Diary of the Dead

Bums:

Er... I can't remember hating anything I saw this year. It wasn't a great year for me watching stuff- have been otherwise engaged!

Steev

Edit: Oh yes, couldn't stand Wall-E or that hunchback thing- er, Igor! Dreadful, both of them. Liked Clone Wars though.

Tiplodocus

BEFORE THE DEVIL KNOWS YOU'RE DEAD

Based on the recommendations of this thread (Marisa Tomei), I checked this out this weekend.

Was actually pretty disappointed - it was pretty much a film for the actors rather than the audience (and went downhill after the very opening scene - woof!).

There was some fun to be had in watching the whole thing unravel due to the sheer incompetence of all involved (and not a plucky, deteremined cop who needs just 24 more hours) but to leave Hank's fate unresolved was distinctly off.

I've seen Albert Finney do that Albert Finney act a few many times now as well.

But still, Marisa Tomei in the buff.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

mygrimmbrother

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 03 August, 2009, 12:58:54 PM

But still, Marisa Tomei in the buff.

Amen, brother. Seen The Wrestler yet?