Main Menu

Watchmen certificate

Started by wrly_bird, 12 February, 2009, 02:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev Levell

I want it to be awesome... but there's an evil twin in me that hopes it sucks badly.

You know, so we don't have to share our best toys with the kid from round the corner who has snot permanently stuck to his top lip.

I'm a :mrgreen: knowing about it!

I want to rest easy in my elitist and exclusive club of superiority (yeah me and the other 25 million+ people who've read it more than once!) :ugeek:

W-A-D-93

Ahhh. I'm only 15 and on every site i've been on it says that it hasn't been decided yet.
but i really do hope they drop the age to 12a but atleast to a 15. So me and my mates can go see it.
the film looks amazing though. and they'd lose a lot of a potential audience if they left it at an 18 certificate. :mrgreen:  

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "W-A-D-93"Ahhh. I'm only 15 and on every site i've been on it says that it hasn't been decided yet.
but i really do hope they drop the age to 12a but atleast to a 15. So me and my mates can go see it.
the film looks amazing though. and they'd lose a lot of a potential audience if they left it at an 18 certificate. :mrgreen:  

There's just too much blue penis in this film for minors.

TordelBack

QuoteThere's just too much blue penis in this film for minors.

Sadly true, although I'm pretty sure I had a penis when I was 15.  Not only that, but it's a CGI penis rather than a real one, and the one in the comic is a drawn one, and yet anyone can look at it on the shelves of my local library (Watchmen is actually shelved in the teenage section, along with Walking Dead, Eightball, Peanuts and Calvin & Hobbes).

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "TordelBack"
QuoteThere's just too much blue penis in this film for minors.

Sadly true, although I'm pretty sure I had a penis when I was 15.  Not only that, but it's a CGI penis rather than a real one, and the one in the comic is a drawn one, and yet anyone can look at it on the shelves of my local library (Watchmen is actually shelved in the teenage section, along with Walking Dead, Eightball, Peanuts and Calvin & Hobbes).

yeah, but I bet your penis didn't grow to be 10 feet long while fixing military machinery or crashing through winter palaces.

15 year olds aren't exactly minors, under 12s are.

It's more about the violence really.

Pete Wells

QuoteSadly true, although I'm pretty sure I had a penis when I was 15. Not only that, but it's a CGI penis rather than a real one

You've got a CGI penis Tordleback?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "Pete Wells"
QuoteSadly true, although I'm pretty sure I had a penis when I was 15. Not only that, but it's a CGI penis rather than a real one

You've got a CGI penis Tordleback?

It's a 1080Penis.

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: "W-A-D-93"Ahhh. I'm only 15 . . .
But that's part of the whole cinema experience as a nipper! Y'know, pretending you're old enough for the film you want to see. That, and smuggling in your own food, of course.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

TordelBack

Quoteyeah, but I bet your penis didn't grow to be 10 feet long

No, but my friend Billy's did.  At least until that unfortunate incident with the rake.  Now it's only 5ft 4.

Mardroid

I thought they gave the film version of Mr Manhattan pants, (not that I've been paying close attention to that part of his anatomy in the trailers, mind.)

As for the sex scene, (comic spoiler): [spoiler]in the comics it happened near a swimming pool, didn't it?  Tastefully done mind. Well, as tasteful as two getting it on near a swimming pool can be. (Not that you see the act.)[/spoiler]

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "Mardroid"I thought they gave the film version of Mr Manhattan pants, (not that I've been paying close attention to that part of his anatomy in the trailers, mind.)

As for the sex scene, (comic spoiler): [spoiler]in the comics it happened near a swimming pool, didn't it?  Tastefully done mind. Well, as tasteful as two getting it on near a swimming pool can be. (Not that you see the act.)[/spoiler]

There was more than one, the Owl ship as the first "release".

Roger Godpleton

I'm worried that in the post - coital scenes Dan's arm could be strategically placed.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "Godpleton"I'm worried that in the post - coital scenes Dan's arm could be strategically placed.

or a large cigarette.

Kev Levell

Quote from: "garageman"There was more than one, the Owl ship as the first "release".

There was a failed attempt before that too, when Nite Owl arrived too early, earlier, you know in the lounge, when Adrian Veidt is being all acrobatic on the telly!

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: "kevlev"There was a failed attempt before that too, when Nite Owl arrived too early, earlier, you know in the lounge, when Adrian Veidt is being all acrobatic on the telly!
Arrived too early? There was no lift-off, that was the problem.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.