Main Menu

BLACK DYNAMITE trailer

Started by wrly_bird, 01 July, 2010, 08:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrly_bird

I may have posted this before, but I don't care. I can NOT stop watching this trailer. It's for what appears to be a spot-on sorta-spoof blaxploitation movie and it's out in cinemas soon. Wish I was still reviewing for the Meg as they might have let me in to tomorrow's preview screening. It looks fan-TAS-tic! http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809959827/video/15468225

Van Dom

Saw this at a horror festival last year. Its awesome! You will not stop laughing from beginning to end.  Funniest damn thing Ive seen in years.
Highly recommended to everyone!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

wrly_bird

SUPERB! Glad to hear it's good. Finally, a movie I can look forward to. Cheers, Van Dom! :)

strontium71

...because I hate you.

Buttonman

Hmmm I tend to prefer British Films that and 'I'm Gonna Git Ya sucker' which kinda wrote the book on blaxploitation spoofs

Professor Bear

"Back track, slapjack, who's black? Flashback, ran sack, jam packin' - still comin' back!"

Black Dynamite is very funny, but very patchy, and the trailer has a few metatextual nods that don't extend to the actual film itself, like the washed out print and Michael Jai White credited as a fictional pro-football player.
Patchy, but fucking hysterical in places if you've seen more than one blaxploitation movie and not dismissed the genre.

I, Cosh

Can't believe it's been over a year and this still hasn't been out in the UK.

In the meantime, my bitch better have my money.
We never really die.

PsychoGoatee

"I threw that shit before I walked in the room!"

Black Dynamite is a classic, and I've gotta say I think Machete is gonna top it.  :D

I enjoy the quasi-retro over-the-top "grindhouse" thing thats happening.

Keef Monkey

I do love Black Dynamite, although it's a bit too long for what it is and the joke doesn't really carry it for the full length. When it's funny it's absolutely hilarious though (you'll be quoting it for a while), so well worth a pop. My mate got the soundtrack on vinyl too, it's niiiiiice.

Ignatzmonster

Loved the whole thing from beginning to end. Prefer it to I'm Gonna Get You Sucka for many reasons but chiefly because it brings up the weird paradoxes of those old blaxploitation heroes. (& I think it might have more jokes on cinematography and editing than any movie I've ever seen in my whole life.)

Devons Daddy

been about for awhile, Geek Syndicate pod cast highlighted it first i think, some months back

NOD TO THE BOYS!. true brillance B movie stuff, bring it on.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!