Main Menu

The Long Walk

Started by W. R. Logan, 27 June, 2008, 03:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. R. Logan

Discovered that I survived without the board and being the old grumpy shit that I am I'm not keen on the new look board or how its ease of use.
In recent weeks my time has been taken up with getting courses under my belt for my next promotion and im away teaching next month so going to take one of my long walks in to the wildeness for 100 days and see if I miss the board.

All the best to everyone and I may see you again in the future.

Proudhuff

Good luck Logan, hope the knee holds out.
by the way, if an olde Luddite such as meself can fumble around this site anyone can!

Huff
DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm sure that once you get a really bad sunburn from your encounters in the wilderness you'll then have to come back to save the board!

Mardroid

I didn't even realise the board was back up! The main site link still does work, just found out I could link direct to the forum.

New stuff always takes a while to get used to but the post system is far better than it was. Get to edit your posts. Overall I like it.

Oh and nice monochrome art down the sides.

gurnard

Yeah, for me, the board has greatly improved.  More in-line with your standard forum found on the web.  Nice work.

nameuser

Why would anyone moan about this forum? If you're struggling with it, just click 'view active topics' and it will digest the forum. No need to leave, Logan. I think he's reacted without thinking about it. The forum is better than the old one because you can search what you like. If you don't want to look at, say, tv and films, you don't have to look at that section. And if you want to look at all recent posts, you can do so too. It caters for everyone.

Bolt-01

Don't worry. He'll be back Logan does this every so often.

Slippery PD

I think the fact the none of the older hands have made much of a fuss about Logan's leaving says it all.  

Hell wander back in a while.  Having said that Ive not seen Trout post on the new board, has he disappeared?   :twisted:

TordelBack

QuoteDon't worry. He'll be back Logan does this every so often.

It's true, he's the McGruder of the board, without the beard obviously.

Peter Wolf

Whats going on ?

I posted on this thread earlier and now it has disappeared and i am Not imagining it.My post was before slippery PD and i read it after it was posted.

WTF ?

I didnt say anything wrong and just talked about change etc and talked about the old messageboard.

I just dont get it.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mardroid

Maybe you clicked "Save" instead of "Submit", in which case it save the  post to your drafts.

I've done that 2-3 times now.  I find it a bit automatic, cos there's another forum I frequent where the 'save' button posts.

Not that I'm complaining mind. It's not a bad facility to have the option of saving drafts, i.e. if you're in the middle of a review and get called away etc.

paulvonscott

I tried to e-mail Logan through this forum, but the e-mail I got back seemed to be from a Julian Hall at Rebllion - very odd.

Anyway, if he reads this or someone can contact him directly, I need to get in touch with him about some Bullets with his name on.

Cheers!

Paul