Main Menu

THIS IS SERIOUS. I WILL WRITE A FULL DREDD SCREENPLAY!

Started by Thread Zero, 26 October, 2001, 03:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

Ok Rebellion and everyone else.

I will put my money where my mouth is.

I will write a full 120 page formatted Judge Dredd screenplay and send it to Rebellion (assuming they will read it!). And maybe Shoreline Entertainment.

Not some silly future shock but a proper professional screenplay.

If Rebellion could suggest an idea for my screenplay, ie the premise, I don't mind.

Otherwise I will write a completely original script.

Everyone is welcome to read it.

Will take a few months to do but I will do it.

But you must judge it based on its own worth.

Not because scojo the hated one has written it.

So Rebellion, any suggestions?

Corruption?

Judge Death?

Or my own idea?

scojo

Here comes the law......

Thread Zero

I hope i haven't sounded too arrogant.

Not meant to.

But it is easy to attack in life Mr Milo and Mrcomicus.

Anyway mrcomicus, I could have sworn you said I wrote better than Garth's Helter Skelter on the old board.

I think you did. Well someone here did.

So here's to writing Judge Dredd The Movie.

JUDGE DREDD THE MOVIE Teaser draft

FADE IN:

EXT. NEW YORK - Present - DAY

The busy metropolis. Full of life.We hear the sound of police sirens. A news reporter speaks as a voice over, as we see police cars race down a street:

News reporter
Despite the mayor's insistence that New York's police department will receive additional funds this year, latest official figures see violent crime rising.

EXT. STREET - DAY

A shoot out between cops and robbers.

I won't go one but what we see is a montage of human suffering in the big apple.

We focus on a child in a dirty tenement block crying. Close on her tears rolling down her face. The sound of sirens, gunfire gets lounder.
Close on her eyes then to an atomic explosion over New York.

Fade to black.
Fade in.

Mega City 1.

And the rest is to be seen later....

scojo

GordonR

Just read your script opening.

My god, man, just how *clueless* are you?

I don't think the modern-day New York prologue scene is at all necessary or any good, but the simply stunning thing about it is that, at this present moment in time, you think that anyone will seriously want to spend any more time reading a script for an escapist science fiction action movie that opens (pointlessly) with New York being nuked off the face of the earth.

I ask you again, just how clueless are you?  I mean, I thought I had the measure of your idiocy, but this takes your delusions about the worth of your abilities to a whole different level...

And didn't you say you were leaving about 12 hours and thirty increasingly grammar-free posts ago?

Thread Zero

EXCUSE ME MILO BUT MEGA CITY 1 was created from the ATOMIC WARS.

HENCE THE EXPLOSION!

THIS IS A FACT.

God!! Read your Dredd history.

President Booth mean anything to you?

At the present time any action movie may be regarded as unsuitable in the US.
Assuming the Dredd films are made, we are talking about the years 2003 and 4.
So things will be different then.
Oh yeah, never thought of that did you Milo.
IDIOT!

scojo

Wake

If you write a readable screenplay then I would be more than happy to publish it on this website, where 2000AD droids and fans can read it.

Phuz

Can I add my two creds worth?.

Firstly I think the point Milo was trying to make is that a film that starts with New York being nuked is particularly insensitive at the moment due to the events of Sept 11th. It doesn?t matter if the film is years away, you JUST wrote it, and you didn?t have sensitivity or the decency to omit it in the first place.

Also before you start shouting ?THIS IS A FACT? make sure you do actually have the facts right.

Megacity 1 was not created by the events of the Atomic Wars but 43 years before in 2023 at the end of the Volgan War. New York had long disappeared by the time of the Atomic Wars, and it was due to Megacities all over the world having laser defence systems that they survived and the rest of the planet was turned into a radioactive wasteland such as the cursed earth.

So I think to need to rewrite that opener, for several reasons.

Also instead of writing a full script why not put together a treatment/synopsis.

JP.

Thread Zero

I cant be bothered to go over the "is it insensitive routine again.

I guess showing a fascist cop maybe insensitive to moviegoers in a fascist dictatorship somewhere in the world.

I believe secret police are quite popular in such countries.

Oh well.
Maybe they shouldn't make it then.

As for your history lesson, I don't know if you are right there.
Maybe Mr Wagner should tell us.

scojo

Wake

According to the timeline published in the Judge Dredd RPG, reprinted on this very website, Mega-City 1 was built between 2023 and 2031 - at which point Fargo was the first chief Judge.

President Booth started the Atomic Wars in 2070, a few years after Judge Dredd was cloned (in 2066).

Link: Timelines

Thread Zero

That is not the official Dredd history as written by John Wagner.

Lets stick to the real facts as written by John Waner.

Prog 559.
According to that, Mega City 1 was in a state of disrepair. In ruins. Fargo was chief Judge.
Year unknown.
To quote Silver;
"The whole world was in a mess."

So Mega City One did sustain damage from some conflict.
I presume it was the atomic wars.
That date is wrong.
The Mega timeline is inaccurate.

scojo

Matt

Yep, that would be right, 'cause if NYC did get nuked during the Atomic Wars there wouldn't have been very much of it left to concrete over it thus creating The Undercity.

Thread Zero

Wrong Matt.

Read my last post.

scojo

Thread Zero

I mean Wagner not waner before u start!!

Matt

Wow! Just refreshed my browser only to find this lovely new website lurking underneath. This is tops. I never really thought that the old site looked as well as it functioned, but this new design is top notch. 2000AD where surprises are always around the corner!

Matt

What happened? I came back but the old grey one was here again. Maybe if I ditch my Cache file...