Main Menu

Scojo - A legend in his own lunchtime

Started by NikolaiDante, 26 October, 2001, 04:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NikolaiDante

Is it me or are most of the threads here all about scojo and his ego?

I'm sorry scojo but most of your posts boil down to "I'm an amazing, but misunderstood writer and no-one will give me a break." So join the queue.

2000AD HAS new writers, Si Spurrier & the Gurrs to name but two. You need to start small and build up, going straight in and saying "I'll write a Dredd screenplay" without ever actually having something published makes you look like an arrogant tosser. I'm not saying you are, but that's the way you keep coming across.

Where were you at DreddCon? There was a major chance to get some exposure and you were sadly not there.

How many Future Shock scripts have you actually submitted to 2000AD? FS is the doorway through which 2000AD writers emerge. If you can't write a 5 page one off story then hang up your pen. It may take a dozen scripts to get there but if you're any good you should be noticed.

So in summary, get of your high horse and start from the bottom like the rest of us. Do that and you'll stop coming across as a self-deluded wannabe.

Barny Shergold
Support FUTUREQUAKE - it makes sense

Thread Zero

I am an aspiring screenwriter anyway. I am not interested in writing for 2K.

I just enjoy reading it.

I don't care what you think. The proof is in the eating.

I will write my Dredd screenplay and you are welcome to read it.

But for the record I will not write anymore posts about me or my ego.

Promise.

But if you slag me off then I will reply.

pauljholden

"I don't care what you think. The proof is in the eating.

"I will write my Dredd screenplay and you are welcome to read it.

Hang on, I'm confused, do we eat the screenplay?

Thread Zero

I can't be bothered answering you anymore Mrcomicus.

Your immature replies prove you cannot defend your position.

scojo

NikolaiDante

>I am an aspiring screenwriter anyway. I am not interested in writing for 2K.
Fine, but WHAT writing have you had published? Zero? If so who is going to comission you to write a screenplay? You are an untried & untested writer. Talent you may have, experience you do not.
It strikes me that you are trying to do a four-minute mile before you've even learnt to crawl.

>I just enjoy reading it.
Me too, but I have FUN trying to write scripts!

>I don't care what you think. The proof is in the eating.
You SHOULD care what we think. There is a wide range of people who post & lurk here, you SHOULD listen to us. Just remember the old Chinese proverb, "If one man calls you a donkey, ignore him. If two men call you a donkey, buy a saddle."

After reading your posts & counter posts I can't help feeling you some how feel maligned & persecuted. Nothing of the sort, my FIRST post was an objective view on what you have said, both in original post and replies. If you can't take the mild critique that is fired at you on the board then don't bother to even think of being a screenwriter, those movie moguls are a hell of a lot nastier than we'd ever be to you (not that we are)

>I will write my Dredd screenplay and you are welcome to read it.
Fine I will and I will read it and comment on it OBJECTIVELY. I'm a fair man, most of the major names round here have met me and they'll tell you I'm not spiteful, vicious or nasty to anyone, just honest.

>But for the record I will not write anymore posts about me or my ego.
Good, duck down, get your pen to paper and DO IT. Don't just waffle on about how great you'll be and how you can do a better job than all the other 2K writers. That REALLY makes you look a tosser. Just SHOW us how good you can be,

>But if you slag me off then I will reply.
Who'se slagging you off? Not me, I'm just offering you some friendly advice.

Barny Shergold

Support FUTUREQUAKE - it makes sense