Main Menu

Prog 1928 - Adding local Colour

Started by A.Cow, 25 April, 2015, 02:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy

I always thought it was connected to the Xen thing which possessed Middenface in an earlier story. I can't remember which story, but I do remember the classic Next Prog line "Xen and the art of Middenface maintenance. "

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 01 May, 2015, 08:32:53 AM
I always thought it was connected to the Xen thing which possessed Middenface in an earlier story. I can't remember which story, but I do remember the classic Next Prog line "Xen and the art of Middenface maintenance. "

The Big Bust, IIRC.

Hawkmumbler

Cracking prog all round....

Dredd: Sinfield definitely made it out alive. Probably on the Sov-ship. Aimee....OK, i'm putting my theory hat on here. [spoiler]Enceladus BECAME Aimee Nixon. It absorbed her conscious and now that icey substance that covered the shuttle is going to play havoc to MC1. Aaaand....does anyone remember the Low Life Christmas story from prog 2015? Dirty Frank pointed out the weather was dropping, claiming something was wrong, and even had a vision of Aimee among the snow, apologizing for what happened to her on Titan and Enceladus. So that story was set AFTER this weeks Dredd.....Rob Williams, you clever bastard.[/spoiler]

Orlok: Skim reading it, tis' OK. Just not that engaging.

Slaine: Damn. Them pages look nice. Simon Davis is a bit good isn't he? Meanwhile Slaine and Sinhead do some drugs while Slough Feg jr. goes all Sith Emperor and musters his (pathetically small) army.

Grey Area: A nice action filled episode but the lady garden joke came a little out of left field. Could have done with a quicker wrap up but still, not a bad episode all told.

Strontium Dog: Cracking stuff and if it hadn't been for Dredd, thrill-of-the-week. I didn't think the Alpha rompy pompy was at all out of character, as he's enjoyed a little of the other before now. Of course, Alpha prefers his naughty time with [spoiler]A bearded viking, wielding a happy stick and a cucumber fetish[/spoiler] but three tiddies is nothing to scoff at...

Oh, and the Stix where in this episode as well, weren't they? Guess that's important.

Geoff

Quote from: Butch on 30 April, 2015, 05:40:12 PM

Everyone here should be made to memorise and recite these incredible interviews at special Madrasas set up by Tharg in the tribal regions of Betelgeuse:

You're a lunatic mate!

(In a good way, of course.. :))

Frank

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 01 May, 2015, 09:12:03 AM
Dredd: OK, i'm putting my theory hat on here ... [spoiler]does anyone remember the Low Life Christmas story from prog 2015? Dirty Frank pointed out the weather was dropping, claiming something was wrong, and even had a vision of Aimee among the snow, apologizing for what happened to her on Titan and Enceladus. So that story was set AFTER this weeks Dredd.....Rob Williams, you clever bastard.[/spoiler]

Well done, son. The gestalt organism that is the Hivemind has responded to the (temporary) loss of TordelBack like a brain damaged in a road accident, reassigning his functions of remembering stuff and being clever to the parts of the cerebrum normally tasked with basic toilet functions and which day of the week the bins go out.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 29 April, 2015, 01:55:02 PM
Slaine: Looks great, the page of Slaine's dad in the afterlife was particularly grim. Haven't been invested in the storyline for Slaine in many years so mainly just in it for the artwork and the battles, and the combination of those in this series is getting my interest again.

I prefer just that L world where the dead go. Does the name Ifurin have any.....

Yes it does

Still I prefer the hidden worlds that were introduced originally...like Cythrawl or is this new place part of Hel. I think they may all be the same or close to one another.

It is a bit dark, but this is Slaine after all.

Quote from: HawkmongerSlaine: Damn. Them pages look nice. Simon Davis is a bit good isn't he? Meanwhile Slaine and Sinhead do some drugs while Slough Feg jr. goes all Sith Emperor and musters his (pathetically small) army.

Yeah, it almost looks like one of those recreational battles from that Vikings series where you almost except some body to produce a ball after referee blows his whistle.

Quote from: ButchWell done, son. The gestalt organism that is the Hivemind has responded to the (temporary) loss of TordelBack like a brain damaged in a road accident, reassigning his functions of remembering stuff and being clever to the parts of the cerebrum normally tasked with basic toilet functions and which day of the week the bins go out.

Yeah what happened to Tordal?

Did he announce his departure?

On that subject, I have also noted the  long absences of.....

The House of Usher,

Godpleton

Peter Wolf.

I know there are others , but those are the ones I know of......

Echidna

Catching up on my prog backlog... This one in particular is a bit of a corker. Top thrill for me is Strontium Dog, with Alpha rediscovering his mojo. New Life was great but I can't help feeling a bit disappointed that it was all basically foreplay. I always look forward to Grey Area - even in a fairly uneventful installment you get a killer line like "put him down now or they'll be extracting my boot from your rectal cavity with a speculum and a team of huskies."