Main Menu

My social life problem can anyone help

Started by Cyberleader2000, 14 January, 2011, 08:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyberleader2000

Ok so I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to interacting with others  so I decided to ask a bunch of strangers I know little about that sounds sain ok here goes I've been volunteering at a charity shop to give me something to do any how there's this amazing women there and I have been chatting to her for a few weeks now I find that whenever I have spare time down there she's chatting to me not that I don't mind but whenever I come in she makes a nice comment saying that I look like I've lost weight any way I just thort she was being polite till last time I was in the shop and I mentioned I might be leaving to do a aprintership courses at which point she nearly started crying and was super depressed  and saying that she would miss me and how me going there brightened up her day now I'm not good at interacting with people in the real world in fact I'm down right bloody hopeless  my friend thinks that she has a crush on me but seeing as I've never even gone a date before I cannot tell so here's my 2 questions

1 is there any way to confirm if my friend is right?

2 if they are right is there any advises you lot can give

Now that I'm done embarrassing myself I think I will go hide somewhere for a few Weeks
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Greg M.

Ask her if she wants to go for a drink after work some day (assuming you drink?) If she likes you, I'm sure she'll find the time. Don't need to call it a date, just call it a couple of folk who get on having a drink and a chat, maybe it'll lead to something more, maybe not, if not, so be it. What's the worst that can happen?  If she doesn't fancy it, well, you're going for an apprenticeship anyway, you'll meet new folk through that.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: Greg M. on 14 January, 2011, 08:39:45 PM
Ask her if she wants to go for a drink after work some day (assuming you drink?) If she likes you, I'm sure she'll find the time. Don't need to call it a date, just call it a couple of folk who get on having a drink and a chat, maybe it'll lead to something more, maybe not, if not, so be it. What's the worst that can happen?  If she doesn't fancy it, well, you're going for an apprenticeship anyway, you'll meet new folk through that.

Excellent advice Greg M. In a nutshell be yourself and dont try to be anything different if she likes you she likes you for who you are, which is the best possible way it could go.

Go luck ! :) *Uninstalls DearDeidreDroid Impant*
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Zarjazzer

You can always ask her to a coffee shop less threatening maybe. And good luck. If she says no well she was never interested and you're better off knowing now than wasting time pining for unrequited love.

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

locustsofdeath!

Whatever you do, DON'T write her a love letter. If you must go that route, use a recorder.

Seriously, just ask her out. What have you got to lose? The worst she can say is no, but then at least you won't have to always wonder if she liked you. I'm really shy, and luckily a friend of mine found out I had a crush on my wife and worked on it for me or else I'd never have even spoken to the love of my life - don't depend on someone else, just go for it! Good luck!

Emp

The drink things a good idea. Since she has said she'll miss you,get her phone number, so you can keep in touch and take it from there.

Nap Normal

Does anyone elses think that poor Cyber leader is being groomed?

Oh..... Just me then.

Bw Nap
Falling in love makes you fat.

klute

At worst she says no at best she says yes if you don't ask you will never know and always wonder what if!

If she says no you are  leaving anyway and won't have to wonder......if she says yes you have gained something you didn't have  goodluck! Let us know how it goes
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

SmallBlueThing

Yeah, just ask her out. She likes you, that much is obvious, so its only a question of how much. Enough to go out for a drink with you is a good sign, if she says yes.
I know nothing about you, despite what you post here, and nothing whatsoever about her, so its up to you to make that move. If you're paralysed with nerves at the thought of asking her for a drink, then perhaps just tell her that. Be yourself, as she likes you anyway, a quarter of the battle's already won.

And buy a new shirt and new underpants for any date that may arise. That is very, very important.

I don't know, what with this and peter wolf's recent posts, im rubbing my hands together in anticipation of an uncoming thread of 'bumsex girl' proportions!

SBT

Professor Bear

Sound advice so far.  Just ask her if there's anything between you both.  Realistically, the worst that can happen is there isn't and she's just depressed and likes having someone around she can talk to.

Do bear in mind all this advice is coming from people internetting at half nine on a Friday rather than out tapping ass, though.

locustsofdeath!

Oh, and absolutely no Mobile Gundam Suit geek-out rants if you happen to get a first date. Save that for the second date.

Greg M.

Quote from: Professah Byah on 14 January, 2011, 09:22:46 PM
Do bear in mind all this advice is coming from people internetting at half nine on a Friday rather than out tapping ass, though.

Most significant caveat of the thread so far, methinks!

Emp

Quote from: Professah Byah on 14 January, 2011, 09:22:46 PM

Ah but maybe we are all succesful in the romance department and now have a millstone round our necks :)

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 14 January, 2011, 09:24:20 PM
Oh, and absolutely no Mobile Gundam Suit geek-out rants if you happen to get a first date. Save that for the second date.

That said, I had a big Bram Stoker/ Bela Lugosi/ Peter Cushing/ Vincent Price geek-out on mine and my wife's first date- and a few years later we named our children after those gentlemen. So it's entirely possible we could all be toasting little Gundam 2000's long life and happiness somewhere down the road.

SBT

Emp