Main Menu

Quoting Scripture

Started by JohnW, 01 September, 2023, 08:00:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Trout on 21 October, 2023, 01:32:34 AM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 September, 2023, 12:26:03 PM"Your mouth is full of wrong" seems to have lodged itself permanently in my personal lexicon.

Yup, all the time. And it's a good line. People like it and I have to explain it's not mine.

I may also have once introduced myself to a newspaper production staff by saying: "I'm a stickler."

- Trout

I remember our sadly-missed comrade Stewart Perkins (whose board name John Wagner gave to the current Chief Judge) telling us he had quoted that Dredd speech in its entirety when introducing himself to whatever squadron he led in the army. Presumably replacing 'Dredd' with 'Perkins'.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trout

Proudhuff

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 21 October, 2023, 12:36:03 PM
Quote from: Trout on 21 October, 2023, 01:32:34 AM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 September, 2023, 12:26:03 PM"Your mouth is full of wrong" seems to have lodged itself permanently in my personal lexicon.

Yup, all the time. And it's a good line. People like it and I have to explain it's not mine.

I may also have once introduced myself to a newspaper production staff by saying: "I'm a stickler."

- Trout

I remember our sadly-missed comrade Stewart Perkins (whose board name John Wagner gave to the current Chief Judge) telling us he had quoted that Dredd speech in its entirety when introducing himself to whatever squadron he led in the army. Presumably replacing 'Dredd' with 'Perkins'.

If I rememer right it was the 'I'm a stickler'speech, possibly from The Pit?
DDT did a job on me

Trout

Yup, that's the one. Top work there. I need to re-read that story.

Dandontdare

I've been known to say "it's no skin off my chin" and concerned peoplre correct me saying it should be nose