Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Feeley Good

Very nice !,can't go wrong with McMahon robusters ! i had a page myself but swapped it for one of his cursed earth pages

Steven Sterlacchini

Cheers, the main thing I love about those pages is the big build up 'The Angels of Death' get along with that amazing full page image. It makes you think "Wow, we're in for an epic space ship battle here, with lots of explosions and lots of... ...oh their all dead" :D

ming

People who think I already have too much McCarthy artwork should look away now.

Although not out until May, seeing as this image has popped up on The Strangeness and Bleedingcool, I think it's safe to post this page now... (thanks to Wake for this one!)

Emperor

Oh you lucky, lucky devil you.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Greg M.

You don't mess about, ming, not even published and you've nabbed it. ;)

Congrats, looks great.

Large48

Yeah Wake said a couple had been reserved!  :(
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

maryanddavid

The B&W is class, well done Ming.

David

Cpt Rhodes

I picked up these two at UKCAC in the early 90's
The Bolland page has a faint pencil drawing of judge Fear on the back.
I keep fighting the compulsion to start collecting 2000ad art again but I know if I start it will be hard to stop. COD folks COD.

radiator

Quote from: ming on 15 April, 2011, 08:36:22 PM
People who think I already have too much McCarthy artwork should look away now.

Although not out until May, seeing as this image has popped up on The Strangeness and Bleedingcool, I think it's safe to post this page now... (thanks to Wake for this one!)

I've got to say - I love Brendan McCarthy's drawings, but I really don't like his colours at all. I much prefer the uncoloured grey wash version.

JOE SOAP

Cpt Rhodes

it's a scan. I don't have a digital camera.
Am I breaking the rules?

Cpt Rhodes

ming

Thanks for sharing these, Alex.  I love seeing this stuff!  My enthusiasm for original 2000AD art know no bounds; wish more of it saw the light of day, to be honest.

Cpt Rhodes

Prelim cover and alternative version for Chopper Graphic novel.

ming

Nice to see this thread getting a bit more traffic :)

I'll throw in a couple more... McMahon Cursed Earth page (Prog 66):

And my favourite Cam Kennedy page from one of my all-time favourite stories; The Big Sleep (Prog 466):

I should also take the opportunity to again point people in the direction of the Cam Kennedy appreciation thread: http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,26974.0.html