Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

Supersurfer, those have got a real something about them.  Very good and nailed both the look and the feel of the character very well.  I like.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Steven Sterlacchini

Excellent work mygrimmbrother, that would make a cool animation style for a Dredd cartoon.

Steven

flip-r mk2

I remember colouring this page with felt tip pens along time ago, they bleed right through the page if I remember rightly so this time I printed the page out(printer has durabrite permanant inks so the black didn't run)  and I decided to try painting it with my trusted FW acrylic inks.

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Bolt-01

This is my first attempt at digital inking. Not too upset by how stomm it looks, but it is a start after all.

Don't know about being quick- it took me flippin' ages as well.

Kerrin

Oh, I think you'll probably get the hang of it Bolt.  ;D

I do like that helmet design you've developed mate, the flared rim looks good.

What did you use? Pshop? Manga Studio?

Bolt-01

That was in PShop CS2, and when Mini-Bolt saw it he just asked why I wasn't using Illustrator? So... I'm going to have a go at the same scan using Illustrator later.

However- I use Illustrator for lettering and have never really thought of using it for drawing- do you know of a BASIC guide to using it for such? All the tutorials I've seen seem to think I know about selecting pens and shit.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 16 October, 2009, 09:42:40 AM

However- I use Illustrator for lettering and have never really thought of using it for drawing- do you know of a BASIC guide to using it for such? All the tutorials I've seen seem to think I know about selecting pens and shit.

Have you seen D'israeli's Leviathan Tutorial? It's the only thing I referred to when I was using Illustrator for inking ...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

mygrimmbrother

KROOL!!!

(in preparation for the latest art comp):

uncle fester

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 October, 2009, 09:49:07 AM
Have you seen D'israeli's Leviathan Tutorial? It's the only thing I referred to when I was using Illustrator for inking ...

Cheers!

Jim

Cheers for the link Jim, some really handy things on that.

Madness from Grimm again! Excellent stuff. Is this a variation on your business card character?

mygrimmbrother

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 15 October, 2009, 03:46:22 PM

This is my first attempt at digital inking. Not too upset by how stomm it looks, but it is a start after all.

Don't know about being quick- it took me flippin' ages as well.

Dredd's looking great here Bolt - quite handsome too!

Fester - nope, though i guess they are very similar. Thinking of doing a pic of the krool heart from bad company for the comp, soo doodled these ifantry first just as a warm up.

btw, anyone recognise the smiling krool fella?

Mike Gloady

He's called "Simply"

I did indeed.  First thing I noticed.  A fine bunch of Krool there, one of Twoth's finest alien races EVER. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Bolt-01

Been doing a lot of scribbling whilst stuff has been doing its thing.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Like Dredd's slightly flared helmet makes him look more of a facist than ever though Mongrol of ABC warrior fame doesn't look very happy at being arrested.

Well that's celebs for you..

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Peter Wolf

I did this recently partly because i am a fan of the strip[Meltdown Man] and because it was an exercise in improving my brushwork and brush control when using ink.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Bouwel

Wow, that's fantastic Peter!

Far too little Meltdown Man stuff around...

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-