Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Another long-lost drawing surfaces!  A better effort than my previous one on the thread, but done around the same time: Dredd and a Hammerstein robot in an ALice in Wonderland stylee, commissioned by someone else on the board for a story set in Cal-Hab. Hardly a doodle, I know, it took me freaking ages.

Annnnd roll over the spoiler to ruin the picture forever:
[spoiler]When I finished it, I realised that it looked like they were doing some gay Irish dance.  I hoped nobody would notice.  But they did.  You know yourself who you are, johnny stress   ;)[/spoiler]
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

mygrimmbrother

GASP!
[spoiler]
(at the drawing, not the fact that they look like they're doing a gay irish dance)[/spoiler]

M.I.K.

A space invader. It's what I evolved from.

johnnystress

haha:) I remember this (excellent) drawing JBC!

agus..a aon dó trí, 's a aon dó trí

JayzusB.Christ

Quoteagus..a aon dó trí, 's a aon dó trí

I know where you live, sonny jim*.

*Well, within a radius of about 1 mile, anyway.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Mr Eight

mygrimmbrother

That's excellent Mr Eight - a nice, fresh style you've got there  :)

uncle fester

Indeed Mr Eight - good work!

Mr Eight

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Thats fantastic JBC, even if they are doing the Siege of Ennis.

Mr Eight, you got something very cool going on there, it's a very nice style you have.

JayzusB.Christ

thanks for the positive comments too, guys [spoiler]even if, let's face it, there is no avoiding the Irish dance thing.[/spoiler]

Also, nice work, M.I.K. and Mr Eight. Nice to see the 48k Spectrum typeface again too.

Gavin, your name sounds very familiar. Apologies if I've asked you this before but did you use to work for The Slate magazine or something?

M.I.K.

Really like the simple way of depicting a gunshot there, Mr Eight.

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 14 January, 2010, 12:52:27 PM
Also, nice work, M.I.K. and Mr Eight. Nice to see the 48k Spectrum typeface again too.

Heh. Thanks. I wondered if anyone would recognise that.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 14 January, 2010, 12:52:27 PM

Gavin, your name sounds very familiar. Apologies if I've asked you this before but did you use to work for The Slate magazine or something?

Definitely, not me Mr. Christ. Not sure where, if anywhere, you would of me. You might be mixing up your Gavin's.

JayzusB.Christ

You're right, Johnny, it's Gav Beattie I was thinking of.  Everyone must check out his Kick the Cat cartoon immediately.