Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Mimi- that is lovely.

Mr Eight

yeah sweet Mimi...
talking about equipment design...Dave Gibbons did the original designs so I guess his Rogue should be the marker:

But I always used to dig Colin Wilson's --

I guess the artists were given some creative sway about how he looked but taking a look now it's interesting how consistent they are, really. Pew! pew! pew!

mimikeke

@Bolt-01: <3

@Mr Eight: thanks for the pics, I just ordered the Tales of Nu Earth volumes so pretty excited to read those. 

I just looked up some of your older art posts, they are pretty f'ing sweet, do you mind if I link them in my tumblr? w/credit of course

Mr Eight

thanks a lot Mimikeke - yeah link away -

hope The Tales of Nu Earth inspires you to do more cartoon Rogues, love to see'em!

mimikeke

just curious what you do as a job? you got a fantastic sense of line

Mr Eight

@mimikeke - - thanks for that - yeah, I churn out dull commercial art as a job so it's fun to turn around and let loose some comic-book stuff whenever my bank manager isn't looking.

- you ever put together a whole comic-book in your style? That'd be s thing to see.

In fact: talking of comic-books...here's a shameless plug: I did some pages recently for a World War One comic-book anthology that is being put together in London - here's the cover:

(by Tim Hassan)

It's currently getting money together for a print run on Indiegogo

mimikeke

you got a site up? I'd be curious to see more art.

I haven't done any comic book stuff - I'm in the midst of revamping my portfolio this year and am doing a realistic movie!verse version of the Democracy and Cursed Earth storylines, it should be fun.

Not really a doodle but I don't know where to post this.  A crop tank I'm screenprinting for myself.  There isn't any "cute" 2000ad gear for girls unfortunately.  I'm guessing the profit 2000AD would make off their female fanbase is pretty nil, boo.  :rolleyes:

Mr Eight

yeah, I'm throwing some of my comic-book stuff on to a blog at the moment.   A few sketches and short comics
www.miloshore.blogspot.com

Your film idea sounds crazyambitiousgood:o :o :P > :D  Best of luck with it - & the portfolio

Steven Denton

Venus Bluegenes looking buff

Steven Denton

Something for the Burt Reynolds fans

Woolly

Some lovely sketching going on there, sir.

I done a turtle...

Third Estate Ned

I've just started drawing as a hobby after years of not doing anything but now I want to learn how to do it properly. The first is a lovely waves scene I drew following a tutorial and the second was supposed to be Jack Keroauc but just ended up looking like a random man. He was also confidently identified as Duncan Bannantyne by someone I asked. I now realise his eyes are too small as well.

Sorry they are so massive, not sure how to fix that. I will post something on-topic next.

Karl Stephan

Woolly, I seriously love that turtle, man :)

Jon

Quote from: Woolly on 07 July, 2014, 09:44:56 PM
Some lovely sketching going on there, sir.

I done a turtle...

This is just the best thing.  :o

Woolly

Thanks Jon  :)

These are a couple of abandoned attempts for the 'redraw a panel' competition a few months ago:

Quit on this one as it wasnt a patch on Henry Flint's original..

..and quit this one because i thought it was [spoiler]shite![/spoiler]