Main Menu

Help me Hive Mind, you're my only hope...

Started by Bolt-01, 22 August, 2018, 09:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

What's the modern equivalent of a city pub crawl? An internet hub crawl? A sys-up? Hashtag party? A straightforward WINE session? Toast routing? Beer to peer torrenting?

Whatever - hope it's a good 'un!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 18 March, 2021, 04:08:37 PM

What's the modern equivalent of a city pub crawl?

Scotchtoberfest could fit the bill.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: TordelBack on 18 March, 2021, 11:21:41 AM
Nothing casual about it,  I assure you, it's the product of long-term study and analysis.

Thanks Dr X, I have Beerhawk (and Honestbrew?) on my radar - seem like a good option,  if they are reasonably reliable wet deliveries. Is there a local outfit that anyone can recommend (that does more than just Heavy and/or Bucky,  I mean)?

Honestly, no. I use Beerhawk myself and heartily recommned them.
Lock up your spoons!

Funt Solo

I'm trying to index Raptaur appearances, and I've got the obvious ones, I think:

From Judge Dredd:
  Raptaur
  Raptaur Returns

From The Simping Detective:
  Crystal Blue
  Innocence: A Broad
  Playing Futsie
  Petty Crimes
  No Body, No How
  Jokers to the Right

And in Trifecta.

Question: does the raptaur show up as a guest star in any DeMarco stories? [Or anywhere else I've not thought of?]
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Trying to figure out the artist on this Durham Red poster from the back of the 1989 Sci-Fi Special:

It reminds me of Mark Harrison and it looks like it's signed as SW or WS. Any ideas?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Will Simpson to my eye - that would also match the initials.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 04 April, 2021, 06:56:49 AM
Will Simpson to my eye - that would also match the initials.

Yes. That's definitely Will, and how he signs his art.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

sheridan

It is Will Simpson, and those symbols are a sentence written in Thai scrip because (as we got told in a Nerve Centre some time later) Will's significant other is/was from Thailand (no idea if this is still the case, and it's none of my business).

Funt Solo

Thanks!

Now that you've all told me who it is, it seems obvious.  :D
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Daveycandlish

I'm hankering to re-read the Sky Chariots from the early days of Slaine, drawn by Mike McMahon.
Which of the Hachette partwork books is it in?
Or is it available in another form? Book from this website's shop? In print, though, as I really don't like reading digital comics.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

sheridan

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 04 October, 2019, 12:10:14 AM
Zenith playlist
I had it in my head that all of the chapter titles in Zenith were songs and I thought it would be cool to make a playlist of them.

But looking through my collected Phase I hardback, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Or was it the "Next Prog:..." which aren't printed in this version?

It was the next prog tags, and I think somebody already made a playlist.

Yep - here goes - Zenith Phase One.

MumboJimbo

I have tried Googling this honest...

I've become interested recently in trying to chart the development of the Judge Dredd origin story - i.e. all the shenanigans with Judge Fargo, President Booth etc. Of course, the last word on all this is the Origins story starting in prog 1505, but I'm pretty sure the gist of the story was already known at this point? So my question is which progs were Fargo, Booth et al first mentioned and what other stories were there that talked about the origins of MC-1, the Judge System, the nuclear war that caused the Cursed Earth etc. Thanks for any help!

sheridan

Quote from: MumboJimbo on 30 July, 2021, 01:48:13 PM
I have tried Googling this honest...

I've become interested recently in trying to chart the development of the Judge Dredd origin story - i.e. all the shenanigans with Judge Fargo, President Booth etc. Of course, the last word on all this is the Origins story starting in prog 1505, but I'm pretty sure the gist of the story was already known at this point? So my question is which progs were Fargo, Booth et al first mentioned and what other stories were there that talked about the origins of MC-1, the Judge System, the nuclear war that caused the Cursed Earth etc. Thanks for any help!

Pretty much half of the established canon was put in place in the first epic-length mega-epic* The Cursed Earth.  A bit more was added during Oz, but the rest was in Origins.  Other than small bits and pieces (like the 'Judgement' trilogy of one-offs) that's the bulk of it.

* technically Robot Wars was the first epic, but that was when epics were less than ten episodes

MumboJimbo

That's great, Sheridan, exactly what I was after - many thanks!

Funt Solo

There's this oddity from prog 169, which seems to be a shooting war between MC-1 and TC, that we've never* seen depicted elswhere:

*Have we?

---

I *know* my Fargo listing is incomplete.

Booth is probably first featured in The Sleeper Awakes (from The Cursed Earth) - prog 68. And again in Fog on the Eerie (part of The Hunting Party arc) - progs 1037-1040.

Then there's Sons of Booth (2030-2032) & The Booth Conspiracy (2095-2099) - I feel sure there were more than two parts to that, though.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++