Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

Aw, feck. I used to love his stuff. He was one of the few kids' comics cartoonists from back then whose name I knew, as he popped up at least once in his own strips.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Greg M.

Actor Donald Moffat - maybe best known to us lot as Garry from 'The Thing' - age 87. Easily my favourite cast member of one of the greatest films ever.

sheridan

Paddy Ashdown, former Royal Marine, ex-leader of the Liberal Democrats, 77.

JamesC

Poor old Paddy Pantsdown. I always liked him - he seemed like he had his head screwed on.

Hawkmumbler

Indeed, personal indiscretion (the only mistake of his career as far as i'm aware of) he seemed a rarified respectable politician.

Frank

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 23 December, 2018, 02:49:17 PM
... personal indiscretion (aside)

Ashdown had a history of entering into ill-advised couplings with undesirable partners*

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/212440.stm

* Blair never gave the Lib-Dems the PR referendum they were promised in return for getting him elected. They'd have to wait until 2011, when Dave Cameron wooed the similarly guileless Nick Clegg with another tempting opportunity to prop up a vainglorious idiot obsessed with legacy, who would balls up the only really important decision they had to make during their entire time in office. The UK did not adopt a system of proportional representation and now we are where we are.

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Pete Wells

I still call it 'Film 86.'

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Lobo Baggins

The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Andy Lambert

Very saddened to hear June Whitfield has died. 93 is a good age but still, doesn't seem right that she's no longer with us. What a great career she had.

sheridan

Recap of the year's deaths - there's a few I either missed or have forgotten about there.  Not a good year for children's TV or punk/post-punk/new wave music, amongst other spheres.

rogue69

Dr Hook & the Medicine Show singer Ray Sawyer has died aged 81.