Main Menu

Left 4 Dead 2.... for 4 quid!

Started by bluemeanie, 14 December, 2010, 06:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Not really an online gamer, but Steam are doing Left 4 Dead 2 for the pc for £4...

wrong not to really.

Dunno how this Steam stuff works, but might be up for a forum only game session if one can be set up and anyone else wants to get it.
Imagine its like old online games where you can create invite only sessions. Dont wanna go into free play to get my arse kicked by a load of german 12 year olds... like I used to on counterstrike way back when

bluemeanie

bluemeanie

crap... did it JUST go back up to £14 ?

Noisybast

£14 is still a very reasonable price. I'm up for a game. Steam name: Noisybast.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Rog69

Tis a great game and it pops up quite regularly in the weekend / 24 hour Steam sales, it will almost definitely be in the Xmas sale for a similar price. 

Keef Monkey

willthemightyW

Well I have a terrible integrated graphics card so I wont be getting this. The only games I have on steam are aliens vs predator classic 2000 (the original one) and some early half life games.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Noisybast

Why not just pick up a half decent graphics card? I've got a (positively ancient) GeForce 7900 in my PC and it runs just fine. Still, I'll be upgrading my graphics card as soon as funds allow (sure I was saying this twelve months ago).

Goaty

Noisybast

For some reason, I can't get Steam to launch. It seems to think my internet connection's down. The fact that I'm posting this would suggest otherwise. I might get time to sort it out some time around March.

Rog69

Quote from: Goaty on 21 December, 2010, 06:12:51 PM
Now it £7.49...

Just keep an eye on the daily deals now that the Christmas sale is under way, it's bound to crop up in there.

You could always go for the Valve complete pack - http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2546/ A stonking good deal unless you have a lot of the games already.

willthemightyW

Good deal, I don't have a good enough card to run them, but I might buy the pack while it's cheap and then buy a graphics card.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Rog69

It's in the daily deals for today for £5.09 (or £3.74 if you already own L4D1).

You can also get the 4 pack for £11.24, a pretty good price if you can find 3 mates to split it with.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rog69 if anyone wants to add me and hook up for a game or two.

bluemeanie

Was just coming on to post that!!!
Gonna give it an online try tomorrow
Think I'm on as welshbluemeanie

doggettX

I bought Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic for £1.75 on Steam a few days ago.

No one told me of the glitches though.  :'(