Main Menu

Gorgeous new hardcover for 2000 AD classic, Strontium Dog, coming summer 2020

Started by IndigoPrime, 11 October, 2019, 06:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

As I understand it, Brits just don't buy many hardbacks, otherwise we'd get more. I do wonder why Nemesis was set at 300 though. Seems like they could have done more and easily sold them.

Steve Green

Not even that... 250.

Yeah, I don't know why either.

I know they were still trying to shift Fiends of the Eastern Front, Rain Dogs etc a decade later, so maybe they just don't want to risk it, especially if it's just had a h/c in the Hachette one.

IndigoPrime

I suspect that some of the other limited editions in the 2000 AD shop took longer than they'd have liked to shift. But it's... Nemesis.

Again, I just wish more Brits bought hardcovers. I'd love to see Brink released in the same format as the stuff I've been buying from Image.

Swerty

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 11 October, 2019, 08:02:20 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 October, 2019, 06:54:33 PM
^

This is pretty great – the missing piece that'll slot in with the Hachette collection and ensure none of the S/D material is missed out in HC.

I know, so excited!  :D  Been hankering for this volume for years.

All we need now is that Hachette extension, with a final Stronty hardcover collecting Jing-Jong Job through to The Son

Which Progs were The Jing-Jong Job in?

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 October, 2019, 05:51:52 PM
Not even that... 250.

Yeah, I don't know why either.

I know they were still trying to shift Fiends of the Eastern Front, Rain Dogs etc a decade later, so maybe they just don't want to risk it, especially if it's just had a h/c in the Hachette one.

Fiends, Rain Dogs etc. were all in the awkward Euro hardback format though - very slim hardback volumes like that just don't seem to be hugely popular over here, and even when I had the disposable cash to buy them as they came out I still struggled to justify picking them up for what they were.

IndigoPrime

I suspect decisions are being made on the basis of more recent hardback sales. No way for us on the outside to know how they've done. But it's very sad that, say, Brass Sun hasn't seen a second book, for example.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Swerty on 15 October, 2019, 12:11:30 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 11 October, 2019, 08:02:20 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 October, 2019, 06:54:33 PM
^

This is pretty great – the missing piece that'll slot in with the Hachette collection and ensure none of the S/D material is missed out in HC.

I know, so excited!  :D  Been hankering for this volume for years.

All we need now is that Hachette extension, with a final Stronty hardcover collecting Jing-Jong Job through to The Son

Which Progs were The Jing-Jong Job in?
It's the original title of The Stix Fix.
We never really die.

Rogue Judge

This is fantastic, definitely the comic/trade I'm most looking forward to in 2020. I've only read the B&W Search/Destroy files so look forward to seeing the color pages.

Hopefully there will be a "Mek Files" type HB collection of the complete 2000ad years.