Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 14 February, 2018, 04:45:06 PM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 14 February, 2018, 01:28:58 PM
Quote from: Swerty on 14 February, 2018, 01:21:21 PM
So what's the solution.All new stories?New editor?
Cancel Titan's Dr Who comics line!
Think they'very sorted that one for us?
Tales from the TARDIS certainly seems to be circling the drain. I don't know about the ongoing floppies – so many to keep track of. They seem to still be doing OK.

Colin YNWA

I think the 11th Doc has defo gone, or is on a break. I get the impression some others are also, though I don't read those so not watching as closely.

GordonR

All the ongoing Titan Who books have been wound down, ending pretty much now.  The whole line is being rejigged and relaunched later this year, with the new 13th Doc book at the centre of the relaunch.

BPP

More Robbie Morrison
More Rob Williams
More Henry Flint
Clone Henry Flint
Where's Fay Dalton?
Someone ask Mick McMahon what he'd like to draw
Bring Back Simon Fraser
Beg Brandon Graham
Bring back Star Scans
Get some decent crime writers to write procedural Judge stories.

And none of this is criticism of Tharg - I think 2000AD has been phenomenal the last decade. Sure there are one or two artists or writers I don't dig but...  anthologies and all that....
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

IndigoPrime

Quote from: GordonR on 15 February, 2018, 12:13:01 AM
All the ongoing Titan Who books have been wound down, ending pretty much now.  The whole line is being rejigged and relaunched later this year, with the new 13th Doc book at the centre of the relaunch.

The news of which is in the wild now.

TordelBack

Quote from: BPP on 15 February, 2018, 04:27:31 PM
[Snip]list of awesome things[/snip]

I dunno about crime writers per se (Dredd is such a tricky bugger to write, it's a lot to ask), but absolutely preferentially call for and commission procedural stories,  and indeed crazes, weird crime, stories with multiple parallel strands that aren't connected... Can you imagine something like the The Graveyard Shift appearing today?  Not everything has to involve geopolitics,  bent judges and events/people from Dredd's past. I get that Wagner has moved on with the stories he wants to write,  and the amount he's prepared to do, but to my mind that just opens up T B Grover's old stomping grounds to current writers.

Robin Low

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 February, 2018, 05:14:30 PM
Quote from: BPP on 15 February, 2018, 04:27:31 PM
[Snip]list of awesome things[/snip]

I dunno about crime writers per se (Dredd is such a tricky bugger to write, it's a lot to ask), but absolutely preferentially call for and commission procedural stories,  and indeed crazes, weird crime, stories with multiple parallel strands that aren't connected... Can you imagine something like the The Graveyard Shift appearing today?  Not everything has to involve geopolitics,  bent judges and events/people from Dredd's past. I get that Wagner has moved on with the stories he wants to write,  and the amount he's prepared to do, but to my mind that just opens up T B Grover's old stomping grounds to current writers.

Personally, I'm getting a bit tired of procedurals and reading about how the cameras are out of action/vandalised/whatever excuse it is this time. Now I think about it, there's a story to be told about the people who have to go round repairing and installing those things.

I think I'm buying and reading the Prog and Meg mostly out of habit. There are a lot of competent writers and lot of competent artists, and the occasional Dredd that makes me sit up and take notice, but there's nothing that makes me excited about picking the Prog up every week.

Trouble is, I think I've been saying that off and on for years.

Dunno what it was about the Scream and Misty special that was so much more interesting. I could imagine all of the stories appearing in the Prog, but ironically the special (dare I call it the S&M special?) felt fresher.

Regards,

Robin

Richard

It's definitely called the S&M special from now on.

I wouldn't use how excited you feel about picking up the prog as a guide to how good it is. It says more about you. Everything is more exciting when you're young.

GordonR

QuoteGet some decent crime writers to write procedural Judge stories.

Like crime novelist Duane Swierczynski, who wrote the first couple of years of the IDW Dredd comics, you mean?

Magnetica

Quote from: GordonR on 15 February, 2018, 07:24:39 PM

Like crime novelist Duane Swierczynski, who wrote the first couple of years of the IDW Dredd comics, you mean?

Where's the like button?

Robin Low

Quote from: Richard on 15 February, 2018, 07:17:03 PM
It's definitely called the S&M special from now on.

The fact that this has taken until now suggests to me that even forum has lost its edge.

QuoteI wouldn't use how excited you feel about picking up the prog as a guide to how good it is. It says more about you. Everything is more exciting when you're young.

I know what you mean and it's something I'm conscious of. That said, there's plenty of stuff in the world that's good, even in my increasingly advanced years, but unless I'm excited about it or looking forward to it or simply interested in it then how good it is doesn't really matter (to me, anyway). I rather enjoyed reading Wagner's Walk, even thought it's a dated piece of old twaddle. It's datedness made it more interesting.

Regards,

Robin

Leigh S

The "you're not a kid anymore" argument goes some way, but I wasnt a kid reading "Day of Chaos" and I couldnt wait to get next weeks prog.  I wasnt a kid reading "Traitor To His Kind", or Dante or Zombo....

BPP

Quote from: GordonR on 15 February, 2018, 07:24:39 PM

Let's just say he's had his money out of me and i'll not be buying his non-Dredd material.

I'd love a major The Pit style story that goes on for 50 progs of the year and involves not just judges but a raft of citizens, politicians, corporations, criminals and street judges. A massive soap in which new characters for Dredd world can be tested. Something that breaks with recycling Wagner's old characters and also breaks the writing-for-trade format. MC1, beaten and battered as it is, is huge and I'd like a story that oozes that.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd