Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

o1s1n

Those Day of Chaos pages are absolutely gorgeous in black and white, would love to see a collected volume like that!

Link Prime

Quote from: o1s1n on 19 January, 2014, 06:59:15 PM
Those Day of Chaos pages are absolutely gorgeous in black and white, would love to see a collected volume like that!

Like an IDW 'Artists Edition'?
Yeah, great idea.

And I see you got a plum page there Iain- Hershey, Dredd, Rico and the devastated, on-the-ropes, MC1.
Beautiful.

Wake

Quote from: Link Prime on 17 January, 2014, 06:50:55 PM
Hey Wake, why no heads up on the flood of new Flint art on your website???
Two of my favourite pieces have been snapped up already!

Sorry about that. I normally do post here too, but there were already quite a few people interested and some of the pages were pre-reserved.

I also have some cool Zombo pages that aren't up yet (because I haven't confirmed which stories they come from).

Cheers,

Wake

hippynumber1

One of the greatest logos in 2000AD history! Plus Cam Kennedy! Thanks Ming!

ming

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 22 January, 2014, 03:01:11 PM

You're welcome!  And completely right about that logo.  One of, if not the, best logos ever to grace the pages of the Galaxy's Greatest...

Frank

I certainly ripped off that logo in every bit of lettering I did in art for ages after I read the issue of 2000ad Monthly that reprinted that story. Having the characters lounging around on it as if it was a concrete construction struck me as unspeakably droll.

Do you think the fact that Brother, the ship's avatar, seems to have been pasted into that bottom frame means that he was drawn in his original jester form by mistake? Kennedy had drawn him as a hippie a few times by that point, so maybe Cam just wasn't happy with his original stab at the character. I think Mark should destroy his new prize possession by peeling the patch back to see for sure.

Link Prime

Quote from: ming on 22 January, 2014, 04:45:40 PM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 22 January, 2014, 03:01:11 PM

You're welcome!  And completely right about that logo.  One of, if not the, best logos ever to grace the pages of the Galaxy's Greatest...

When you're right, you're right.

hippynumber1

Quote from: sauchie on 22 January, 2014, 05:05:47 PM
I think Mark should destroy his new prize possession by peeling the patch back to see for sure.

Done it! It's a naked Halo Jones!  :o

Spikes

I see the new art trade route with the Viking's is now open,  ;)

But a lovely page from a classic story! 

hippynumber1

Yup! As soon as I've coloured your page in I'll post it on!  ;)

Skullmo

Can you draw Bob into it too please! :lol:
It's a joke. I was joking.

Viking Justice

Folks, is there a way to post images on here from an Apple mobile device?

Many thanks,
The Luddite.

Fatboydale

Quote from: Judge Jack on 22 January, 2014, 06:19:41 PM
I see the new art trade route with the Viking's is now open,  ;)

But a lovely page from a classic story!

Vikings ?? i love vikings ....

Nice page ..... i should get some ... hmmm time machine is at the ready ...

Frank

Quote from: Viking Justice on 22 January, 2014, 11:41:24 PM
Folks, is there a way to post images on here from an Apple mobile device?

You need to upload your image to a hosting site, like photobucket, first. Copy and paste the new web address the site assigns to your image into your post on this forum, highlight it, then click on the icon above that looks like a painting (above happy smiley, below B for bold). The address should now have [/img] at the end, and [img] at the start.

Click the icon marked preview (below) to make sure your image will appear in the body of your post, rather than as a disappointing sequence of HTML characters.

hippynumber1

I use imgur.com but it's the same process as above...