Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection
« Last post by IndigoPrime on Today at 06:27:18 pm »
Viability is all that matters. It's unlikely they'd have kicked off this collection if it wasn't viable, off of the basis of the test run sales.
Criterion doing the business on it has elevate the price considerably.
Film & TV / Re: Last movie watched...
« Last post by TordelBack on Today at 06:25:23 pm »
The Force Awakens.  Almost two years and many viewings later, the gift of a Blu Ray Collectors' edition prompted another family viewing. I'm not going to change anyone's mind here, so please spare me the usual litany of criticism, but I've really come round to this film: I don't know whether it was the lovely crisp copy, but aside from being drawn into a story which now almost makes sense to me, I was impressed by a host of terrific little details and lighting schemes. Pleased to see a new SW film that has aged well.
General / Re: SEPTEMBER ART COMP - 40 YEARS OF FUTURE SHOCKS
« Last post by Goaty on Today at 06:24:13 pm »
Ahhh!! Do you know any image upload sites as been use TinyPic but it totally fucked up. Been try imgur and what a crap! Help?
Events / Re: Thought Bubble 2017 - 23rd and 24th September 2017.
« Last post by Steve Green on Today at 05:57:42 pm »
It was... different

The marquees were a mixed bag. Comixology one by far the best, room to move compared to the other ones

Also needed more exits - the bag checks every time you were going into a venue slowed entry - not sure what the answer is there maybe just have bag checks at general entrance gates?

Thankfully the weather was ok or it would have been worse.

I don’t know, wasn’t as down on it as Pete, but def room for tweaks
General / Re: 2000AD Original Art Thread
« Last post by Jim_Campbell on Today at 05:46:48 pm »
Ian Kennedy on Rogue - why did this not happen???

It is slightly baffling, isn't it?
Events / Re: Thought Bubble 2017 - 23rd and 24th September 2017.
« Last post by flip-r mk2 on Today at 05:46:17 pm »
Well that's Thought Bubble over and done with, had a great time, bought all the comics I was after plus quite a few more. Met a lot of great people and made a lot of new friends, pity that's my weekend over already but Leeds it's been a blast and I'll be back next year :)

filippo
Film & TV / Re: Last movie watched...
« Last post by Mattofthespurs on Today at 05:46:12 pm »
Kingsman: The Golden Circle.
6/10 (just).
Overlong, reliant on too many slow motion gun fights with groovy music (I especially like the country and western version of Word Up). There is a lot wrong with it but it does have some charm. On the other hand I find it's basic premise difficult to agree with actually siding with the President on this one.
And there is a fair proportion is misogynistic script writing in the film that made me a tad uncomfortable and makes me wonder whether Vaughn slipped it in there (yes, yes, I know) when Jane Goldman wasn't looking or that she just let her principles slide for this one (I'm looking at you Glastonbury scene).
Nowhere near as charming and endearing as the first in the series but still a film watch and forget and far too long.

Got to say, I found the first film pretty puerile (and not even in a knowing way) nonsense, so not in a rush to see the reportedly even worse sequel.
Thanks for warning though.  :)

You are welcome.
To be fair I hated the first one on first viewing and warmed to it more upon another viewing.
This...I'm not so sure but time will tell.
General / Re: 2000AD Original Art Thread
« Last post by Leigh S on Today at 05:39:30 pm »
Ian Kennedy on Rogue - why did this not happen???
Prog / Re: Prog 2050 - Epic Thrills!
« Last post by JoFox2108 on Today at 05:25:58 pm »
The last Indigo Prime story ended when a Nazi time-travelled back to the crucifixion, killed Jesus and replaced him with an imposter who the god Cthuhlu then used to become incarnate on Earth as Christhulu, who was then worshipped for the next two thousand years.

(See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu if you don't know who Cthulhu is.)

Quite a serious breach in the timeline then!  ...And this is what's caused the psychic shock to most of the imagineers.  Got it - thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10