Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News / Re: Mills & Skinner's ACCIDENT MAN - The Film
« Last post by rogue69 on 19 January, 2018, 11:37:35 pm »
Scott Adkins has said on Facebook that the release date has been put back until 16th April now
Music / Re: Best Cover Versions
« Last post by JamesC on 19 January, 2018, 11:17:35 pm »
More HP Lovecraft than Billy Joel when it comes to musicianship, sadly  :( :( :(  :lol:
Creative Common / Re: City block font
« Last post by Steve Green on 19 January, 2018, 11:06:57 pm »
There is a version of the classic logo font, made by Michael Carroll

http://www.iol.ie/~carrollm/2000ad/jd_font.zip

There's also scrotnig and judgement from the 90s but they're commercial typefaces.

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/device/scrotnig/
https://www.urbanfonts.com/fontsearch?s=judgement

The Dredd 2012 and Judge Dredd: Mega-City one typefaces are existing ones.
Creative Common / Re: City block font
« Last post by sheridan on 19 January, 2018, 10:35:32 pm »
Nice - can't think when I'd ever use it, but nice to have in reserve!  Are there are any other Tooth-related fonts out there?  The classic Dredd logo is an obvious basis for one, RIP Jan Shepheard.
Books & Comics / Re: ANT WARS collection
« Last post by sheridan on 19 January, 2018, 10:30:13 pm »
Idiotic, pulpy, trashy, over-the top, old-fashioned B-movie nonsense.

I first read it when it was reprinted in Eagle in 1986 and found it to be precisely my cup of tea for that very reason.

See also Terror of The Cats from Scream! and Disaster 1990!, (which I hadn't actually read 'til it got reprinted in a Megazine floppy a few years ago, so it's not just the nostalgia talking).

I love all of the series mentioned here :-)
Off Topic / Re: The Political Thread
« Last post by Professor Bear on 19 January, 2018, 10:20:37 pm »
LOL at the idea that Tony Blair wasn't an ideological extremist.  I mean, you don't even have to roll out the corpses of 1 million dead Iraqis to dispute that one.

Quite the juggling act Corbyn is doing there, being both a hardline ideological extremist who never yields and yet also betraying the working classes by voting with the government.  I don't know how he manages it on top of being unelectable by winning elections, and a bully who insists on getting things his way whilst simultaneously being too weak to lead.

I do wonder if this is a core part of the problem; the ideological extremism inherent in Labour just as in the Tory party.

WHO ARE THE HARD LEFT, TJM?
I am curious what this ideological extremism is when even the IMF have endorsed the Shadow Chancellor's policy of taxing higher earners saying it won't harm economic growth.  Meanwhile, the left in the party hasn't purged anyone - quite the opposite, the Labour right have been trying to gerrymander internal elections for two years and the left have still won things fair and square - and have even gone out and recruited Tory voters like Michelle Dorrell, who you may remember we all laughed at when she broke down in tears on QT.
Megazine / Re: Meg 392 - Dredd vs Death
« Last post by sheridan on 19 January, 2018, 10:14:02 pm »
Good Meg this month.

Quick question to save me digging out my back issues. How was it left with Harry Heston at the end of his previous appearance? I don’t remember him being in a position where he could be working for the Judges given Dredd’s attitude to him.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Maybe it'll work this time - SMF posted everything but the spoiler (which was my whole post!)
« Last post by sheridan on 19 January, 2018, 10:12:07 pm »
Good Meg this month.

Quick question to save me digging out my back issues. How was it left with Harry Heston at the end of his previous appearance? I don’t remember him being in a position where he could be working for the Judges given Dredd’s attitude to him.

Can anyone enlighten me?
« Last post by sheridan on 19 January, 2018, 10:06:33 pm »
Well, if we're going down that rabbit hole then my money is on City of the Damned Zombie Dredd being ported in by the Proteus team, tearing out Dredd's heart and feeding it to death.
He can team up with Kraken along the way ;-)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10