Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Games / Re: Nintendo Switch
« Last post by GrudgeJohnDeed on 17 January, 2019, 01:05:42 pm »
What Radiator said!

Mario Kart, Zelda, New Super Mario Bros, Mario Odyssey, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, all the obvious big hitters from Nintendo will be fine for the kids, and fun for you too! If the kids are into runners in particular there is a game called Runner3 on there that's the latest in a series of prestigious rythmic runner games -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6R5lHlTv3k

Super Meat Boy Forever is out in April, and that's going to be a runner unless they changed it! The original SMB was fantastic so expectations are high. May contain some light potty humour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eILvkKnMxWY
Games / Re: Nintendo Switch
« Last post by Colin YNWA on 17 January, 2019, 12:46:59 pm »
Thanks both that's really useful, will defo check out those game. A colleague was also kind enough to share his Amazon wish list for other things to go with his new Switch... this made me want to cry a little as they all seemed from useful to essential and ... well there's a lot!
Film & TV / Re: Stan and Ollie
« Last post by shaolin_monkey on 17 January, 2019, 12:36:57 pm »
as a biopic it beats Bo Rhap purely on the subtlety of the screenplay. Amazing lead performances.
I'd imagine the fact it doesn't have a lot of dreadfully shit music in it probably helps too.

That is getting to be a major issue now for me, the constant musical emotional cues and or the overwhelming Dr Who nonsense drives me to the exit/off switch

Agreed.  Anyone remember those awesome days when there were parts of a movie when all you could hear was maybe what the characters were saying, or sometimes even just background noise?  Not the constant ebb and flow of a 100 piece orchestra?

I long for those days.  I think I'll go rewatch 2001: A Space Odyssey.  The silence in that is such a breath of fresh air.

PS - Looking forward to seeing Stan and Ollie!  Heard nothing but good things.
General / Re: Life Spugs because...
« Last post by paddykafka on 17 January, 2019, 12:25:20 pm »
Very sorry to hear of your loss, Cl, and sincere condolences.
Off Topic / Re: The Political Thread
« Last post by Professor Bear on 17 January, 2019, 12:14:09 pm »
We probably should have guessed as much years ago when Tony B colonised the left and seeded it with now-entrenched neoliberal passengers, but centrists are the new conservatives - the saddest part of which is that this isn't even necessarily a bad thing because the actual conservatives are generally such utter head-the-balls that one of them can now quote the motto of a death camp as justification for benefits sanctions that have killed the sick and disabled and the media just gives it a pass.

giant concrete replica of the "There's no money left" note

I liked Stonehenge unironically, though admittedly more as a concept than how it was executed.  Engraving FREE NHS in stone and sticking it in No 10's garden is ballsy as fuck if you can pull it off, but engraving a bunch of long-winded spin-talk like "affordable housing for families where possible and appropriate for their income and status" ruins the whole point of a simple, blunt statement of intent.  I also can't quite shake the notion that engraving it on a marble obelisk and writing it on the side of a bus are pretty much the same thing.
Film & TV / Re: Last movie watched...
« Last post by Bolt-01 on 17 January, 2019, 11:51:48 am »
Strap yourself in Hawk.

I've watched this 3 times through now, and it gets better each time.
Off Topic / Re: Vincent
« Last post by sheridan on 17 January, 2019, 11:35:33 am »
Just had a text from Julie (Vince's sister).

The tube is out
vince is breathing but very laboured
I've been told it is the beginning of the end and sadly could be hours or days at most. I'm happy if anyone wants to pop by but you'd have to be tough stuff
I don't want people crying in front of him, any suggestion of music you think he'd like that I can play to him to lighten the atmosphere would be appreciated.
Megazine / Re: Meg 404 - Crystal Trips & Alien Stare
« Last post by Jim_Campbell on 17 January, 2019, 11:31:52 am »
I really do hope that isn’t it for Lawless and it turns out to be a Zhind mind trick or something.

TBH, I find myself torn between being incredibly annoyed with Abnett if this turns out to be some kind of fake-out, and pathetically grateful for all those characters not being dead.
Megazine / Re: Meg 404 - Crystal Trips & Alien Stare
« Last post by Magnetica on 17 January, 2019, 11:27:49 am »
I really do hope that isn’t it for Lawless and it turns out to be a Zhind mind trick or something.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]