Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
« Last post by Frank on 20 May, 2018, 09:18:29 am »

We live in a world where this conversation can happen, yet 2000ad sells fewer copies than What Caravan.

News / Re: Rogue Trooper Short
« Last post by Steve Green on 20 May, 2018, 08:53:56 am »
Hah.

Well, so far we've corrupted 102,000 viewers so far (not sure what the demographic is though)

Not bad for a week - passed Strontium Dog a few days back, helps that it's on a popular channel, though hardly any comic news sites mentioned it. (Minty had loads of reports, Strontium Dog much less, and Rogue even fewer)

Also strangely, no communication from Rebellion after they were sent it, two retweets from Rogue Trooper Redux and Rebellion's twitter account, but not from 2000AD.

Announcements / Re: Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread
« Last post by Magnetica on 20 May, 2018, 07:50:44 am »
I hadn’t been planning on getting anymore Mega Collection volumes, but I’m going to have to get War on the Streets. There are some all time classics there.
Books & Comics / Re: The Fleetway Files.
« Last post by Frank on 19 May, 2018, 10:49:27 pm »
I loved the details about the old Fleetway offices, with their luxurious offices, and the specifics about hand towels...

Changed once a week!  Whether they needed it or not.

« Last post by The Amstor Computer on 19 May, 2018, 10:31:26 pm »
Glad it's going down well! David was very patient with my faffing with title page designs and layout tweaks, and I hope the design gels well with the content. I did rather enjoy getting the chance to do an Empire of the Sun pastiche with characters from the IPC humour comics... :-)

Barrie comes across as a thoroughly decent, slightly bonkers editor and someone who had a real knack for promotion. Earnest and quirky, very much like the characters and comics he had a hand in. I loved the details about the old Fleetway offices, with their luxurious offices, and the specifics about hand towels...
« Last post by abelardsnazz on 19 May, 2018, 10:08:21 pm »
Has the first Uncle Ump story appeared anywhere in the collection?

Not so far, unless it's in Crazy Town - any subscribers care to enlighten?
« Last post by Jade Falcon on 19 May, 2018, 09:34:13 pm »
My only complaint recently has been that there will be no more Lawless in this collection.  I thoroughly enjoyed that, it was completely and totally different.  The artwork initially seemed a little 'busy', but once you got used to it, it was gorgeous and highly detailed.

The amount of work that went into it was really something.  Often in my posts I'll comment on the artwork and it might be a secondary thing to some people but good artwork to me really is one of the primary things that makes a story.  It's why I enjoy old stories like Trigan Empire or the original Dan Dare.
Events / Re: Oldham Comic Con 2 - 12th May 2018 & it's FREE!!
« Last post by Dr Feeley Good on 19 May, 2018, 08:35:02 pm »
I made the news... Second pic in that article..  ;)
« Last post by Frank on 19 May, 2018, 08:25:12 pm »

It's a fantastic read and a great looking production. Barrie Tomlinson sounds like a real character; Alan Partridge, specifically:

« Last post by Bad City Blue on 19 May, 2018, 07:59:28 pm »
Looking forward to reading this, I will most likely post a review as well
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]