Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Other Reviews / Re: The Vigilant
« Last post by broodblik on 15 August, 2018, 08:15:24 pm »
Simon Coleby art is great as usual and well complemented with coloring by Len O'Grady. The main story felt little bit rushed and maybe should have been done in 3 part mini series like the upcoming Resistance story. Hopefully their will be more because this looks very promising. 
General / Re: Which's the best story/stories with Judge Giant Jr?
« Last post by Dark Jimbo on 15 August, 2018, 08:07:40 pm »
Ewing adopted Giant as a character worthy of development, but of course his own tenure didn't last very long!
General / Re: 2000 AD Art Stars Summer 2018 - Judge Dredd
« Last post by SIP on 15 August, 2018, 08:06:31 pm »
Ha ha.....darn....there are a lot of similarities in that last one to what I've been working  on. I even have a fatty in a baseball cap and a sky surfer in exactly the same poaition! Ha, Sigh, oh well!

Nice job sir!
« Last post by Frank on 15 August, 2018, 07:56:23 pm »
I feel like Wagner may have lost interest in Giant round about the same time Rico was introduced: to a certain extent, Rico supplanted him as Dredd's 'heir'.

Wagner's interest in Rico lasted about as long as his interest in Giant. If he was still writing Dredd, he'd have got bored of Beeny by now, too.

And the non-Wagners are more interested in their own not-Dredds (Gerhart, Joyce, Ghost Girl) than tidying-up Wagner's loose ends, so Rico, Giant & Beeny will probably just fade quietly into the background until some future hack needs an emotional impact for their big story[1] or decides to stamp their authoritai on the strip by setting fire to the furniture[2].

[1] See Garth Ennis throwing Dekker to the zombies (Judgement Day)

[2] See Gordon Rennie literally cutting Guthrie off at the knees (Blood Trails)
Film & TV / Re: New Rogue Trooper Film!!
« Last post by Jim_Campbell on 15 August, 2018, 07:48:05 pm »
There's other things from 2000AD I'd rather see turned into films

Well, if you can scare up $50-$100M in backing and a deal with a distributor, I’m pretty sure Tharg will be happy to talk to you about any 2000AD property you’d like to see on the big screen.
« Last post by Greg M. on 15 August, 2018, 07:27:56 pm »
I feel like Wagner may have lost interest in Giant round about the same time Rico was introduced: to a certain extent, Rico supplanted him as Dredd's 'heir'.
General / Re: 2000 AD Art Stars Summer 2018 - Judge Dredd
« Last post by CrazyFoxMachine on 15 August, 2018, 07:22:12 pm »
Daniel Watts -- The Slow Walk of Justice

« Last post by Richard on 15 August, 2018, 07:17:05 pm »
He's been very underused since The Pit. Surprised Dredd didn't request him for his team in Origins (he even said he couldn't think of anyone else).
Prog / Re: Thrill-Coma 2010
« Last post by IndigoPrime on 15 August, 2018, 07:12:16 pm »
It's curious to see your responses to Grey Area. I've not read it from the beginning in ages, but it's a really solid strip now. I'm intrigued to see what you think of it over the coming (Prog) years.
Film & TV / Re: New Rogue Trooper Film!!
« Last post by Tiplodocus on 15 August, 2018, 07:07:19 pm »
This is ridiculous. It's nearly a week since there was any news! I doubt this film is really getting made!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]