Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

RIP Harry Dean Stanton, always great in his roles.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Goaty on 16 September, 2017, 12:11:21 AM

That is sad. Made a good age and had what sounds like a good life and man was he great in some great films.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 September, 2017, 08:25:32 AM

That is sad. Made a good age and had what sounds like a good life and man was he great in some great films.

"Right." His demise in the jaws of the Alien will always be one of my fave film moments. 
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

CalHab

Sad news. He was great in Repo Man as well, not mention Paris, Texas and various Lynch films.

TordelBack

Agree with what everyone has said - perfect in every role I've seen him in.  Travis in Paris Texas and Brett in Alien are the standouts of course, but I have particularly fond memories of the ubiquity of his face in pretty much every Wild-West TV series I watched as a kid (and there were a lot).  I also found his test-run character in The Green Mile very affecting, in a movie full of larger-than-life characters he made a grotesque part believable. RIP.

sheridan

Just watching Repo Man now...

Heath C Ackley

Stanton was brilliant in every role he took on. I was amazed and confused by his little cameo in The Avengers!
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

von Boom

Sad news about Stanton. Always a memorable performer. RIP.

Spikes

Aye, RIP Mr Stanton. Brett in Alien, of course, but wonderful in so many other films.

sheridan

Quote from: Spikes on 16 September, 2017, 04:16:43 PM
Aye, RIP Mr Stanton. Brett in Alien, of course, but wonderful in so many other films.

We followed up Repo Man with Pretty in Pink and Inland Empire (I thought I had a copy of Wild At Heart, but can't find it atm).

rogue69

WWE wrestling legend, manager and commentator Bobby "The Brain" Heenan died has aged 73.

Goaty

Jake LaMotta, which Raging Bull film based on, has died aged 96.

sheridan

Colin YNWA

Really loved 15 to 1 (in original form) and William G Stewarts straight edge but cheeky presenting style had a lot to do with that.

sheridan

Rentaquote MP Teddy Taylor (supported capital punishment and apartheid, opposed to Sunday trading, abortion and legalisation of homosexuality)