Main Menu

IAN KENNEDY : 2000AD FORTY YEARS OF THRILL-POWER FESTIVAL

Started by Wiggz, 13 January, 2017, 09:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

It's fantastic to see Ian in demand for 2000AD art these days - and so very well-deserved.  2000AD seemed pretty far off his radar when I contacted him about doing for Project Sketchbook a few years ago so it's great to see such a resurgence lately!

matty_ae

I'm selling an Ian Kennedy 'Dredd' from Birmingham
Please read my whole post in Classifieds before responding - there's some conditions

Wiggz

2000AD - 40 Years of Thrill-Power Festival : UPDATE

Along with original artwork of Judge Dredd, Strontium Dog and Dan Dare, Ian has produced a limited number of additional pieces that will be available at the festival on the 11th February.

These will feature Ro-Busters very own Ro-Jaws and Hammerstein along with some stunning aircraft artwork.

Each original A4 piece of artwork will be priced at £50 and available from Ians table.

Dr Feeley Good

Wiggz

Ian has created some extra pieces of original artwork for the 2000AD 40 years of Thrill-power festival.
These original pieces of artwork will be available from Ians table on the 11th February. Each A4 original piece of artwork will be priced at £50. There won't be many of these available on the day so please head to Ians table early.

Wiggz

Along with original pieces of artwork created especially for the 2000AD Festival Ian will have a limited edition signed and numbered print of his wraparound cover to prog 1961.More details to follow.

Rogue Judge

Congrats to the lucky creeps who got their hand on one of Ian's beautiful comissions! Wiggz, am I right to assume they sold out at the show?

Wiggz

I know Ian had some original art and some prints left.

I know the Ro-busters Ro-Jaws and Hammerstien went really fast as he only had 2 of each of those.

I'll be speaking to Ian this weekend about what he had left with regard to the others.

I'll make an announcement on Ians Facebook page and here shortly.

Tony Angelino

Great artist although I'll always associate him more with war comics than 2000AD (or Eagle).

He must have drawn the front covers of at least half the Summer Specials and Annuals that I used to get as a kid (Warlord, Victor etc).

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Wiggz on 16 February, 2017, 07:17:26 PM
I know Ian had some original art and some prints left.

I know the Ro-busters Ro-Jaws and Hammerstien went really fast as he only had 2 of each of those.

I'll be speaking to Ian this weekend about what he had left with regard to the others.

I'll make an announcement on Ians Facebook page and here shortly.

Good news, hopefully he makes some artwork available. I'll keep my eye out for announcements.

Wiggz

Ian will be sending me a full list - with images of whats available early next week.As soon as I have these I'll post these up in the classified plus a quick reply here.
These will also be made available on Ians Facebook page as well as the various 2000AD facebook community pages.

Ian is happy to ship overseas if required - postage will be determined by shipping destination etc.

Proudhuff

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 14 January, 2017, 07:40:45 PM
This is the one I picked up at Thought Bubble, just so you can see the size!

I must warn you, Ian makes those drawings look massive!!  ;)
DDT did a job on me

sheridan

Wiggz

Yes - Ian Still has these available and will be bringing some along to Thoughtbubble - or he can post out.
Just pm me here.