Main Menu

Modern Life Is Rubbish

Started by Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK, 20 April, 2017, 01:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: JamesC on 05 May, 2017, 04:12:08 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 05 May, 2017, 03:50:03 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 05 May, 2017, 11:15:25 AM
Somehow I've always considered Pot Noodles to be inherently depressing. They require too much faffing about to be a proper snack and not enough faffing about to be a proper meal. It's like artificial food for the borderline suicidal.

The last time I ate a Pot Noodle was a particular low point in life;

At the age of 19 me and my best mate quit our jobs to go work in Jersey for the summer.
Instead of looking for a job or permanent place to stay, we just went out drinking every night.
Instead of budgeting our cash, we splashed out on a hangover cure in British Home Stores every day.

By night 8 we had exactly enough money left for a return flight to Dublin and a Pot Noodle dinner- which we ate using our toothbrushes as we didn't have any forks in the guesthouse.

Low point?
Sounds like a right laugh for a 19 year old.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that sounded like a great laugh, and a good use of a teenage summer! 

Dandontdare

Quote from: sheridan on 06 May, 2017, 11:56:24 AM
Somehow I've always considered Pot Noodles to be inherently depressing. They require too much faffing about to be a proper snack and not enough faffing about to be a proper meal. It's like artificial food for the borderline suicidal.

Mmm, pot noodles = pour in boiling water, stir for a bit, eat - is that faffing about?  Or have I made mine wrong?
Ready meals from Sainsbury's make you peel lid and stir halfway through microwaving - that's not a ready meal, that's cookery

The Legendary Shark

Anything that you can't eat straight out of the packet requires a level of faff.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dog Deever

Penny sweets that all tasted the way acetone smells. They were great.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

The Legendary Shark

Little square bags of sherbet. We used to save them until dinner time then mix it with our water to liven up our school dinners.

Ooh - school dinners, specifically school dinner puddings like spotted dick and jam roly poly with that yummy, thick, bright yellow custard you could lay bricks with...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

Quote from: sheridan on 06 May, 2017, 12:01:37 PM
Quote from: JamesC on 05 May, 2017, 04:12:08 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 05 May, 2017, 03:50:03 PM

The last time I ate a Pot Noodle was a particular low point in life;

At the age of 19 me and my best mate quit our jobs to go work in Jersey for the summer.
Instead of looking for a job or permanent place to stay, we just went out drinking every night.
Instead of budgeting our cash, we splashed out on a hangover cure in British Home Stores every day.

By night 8 we had exactly enough money left for a return flight to Dublin and a Pot Noodle dinner- which we ate using our toothbrushes as we didn't have any forks in the guesthouse.

Low point?
Sounds like a right laugh for a 19 year old.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that sounded like a great laugh, and a good use of a teenage summer!

All fun and games till I was back home penniless and having to make eye contact with the friends and family members who shared a tearful goodbye the week before.  :lol: