Main Menu

Trying to find a strip..

Started by GrudgeJohnDeed, 29 May, 2017, 12:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrudgeJohnDeed

Hi guys. I was reminiscing about a comic I read when I was kid and I'd love to read it again, I was wondering if you could help. I'll try to describe it.

I think it was a one-off set in the Judge Dredd universe, but I could be wrong. I seem to remember it looking like megacity one in my minds eye. Judge Dredd himself was hardly in it, if at all. It was about a restaurant serving up some mutagen or something  (unbeknownst to the diners) that turned all the patrons into body-horror nightmares. I remember it made me feel queasy but I loved it!

M.I.K.

Could be the Armoured Gideon story in prog 928. A pretentious Loyd Grossman-esque chef decides to add ectoplasm to the food and it doesn't end well.

Pete Wells

Good Grud! Simon Jacob's work was brilliant wasn't it!?!

Steve Green

I can see why you might empathise with that page this morning, Pete.

GrudgeJohnDeed

Oh my god, yes that's it!! Thanks M.I.K.! That great art still absolutely repulses me, I'll be hunting down prog 928 :)

Its a great idea for a horror story, there'll always be something instinctually disturbing about a restaurant secretly putting something disgusting in your food. Add in the most grotesque results imaginable and voila!

I'd completely forgotten about the Lloyd Grossman comedy angle, reading his dialogue there in my best Vic Reeves doing Lloyd Grossman made me chuckle so ive got that to look forward to :)

Thanks again!

TordelBack

"it's in the peas! It's coming!"

Jacob wasn't the only droid firing on all circuits that day - a fantastic page all round.

Dark Jimbo

Still love Armoured Gideon. I would absolutely buy a proper TPB.
@jamesfeistdraws

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 May, 2017, 12:09:12 PM

Jacob wasn't the only droid firing on all circuits that day - a fantastic page all round.

Puts me in the mood for Kate Bush (except I should have gone to bed an hour ago as it is...)

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 31 May, 2017, 01:19:13 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 30 May, 2017, 12:09:12 PM

Puts me in the mood for Kate Bush (except I should have gone to bed an hour ago as it is...)

(I hasten to add that I have actually seen Night of the Demon as well)