Main Menu

Judges named after 2000ad creators

Started by Smith, 15 October, 2017, 08:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

I noticed recently Judge Planet 2 has judge Milligan.Which reminded me of judge Millar (killed by Predator).Any others?

Greg M.

Judge Wagner was part of the Class of '79. As was Judge Gibson, though I don't know if the latter is named after Ian.

Colin YNWA

Just reading Oz and there's a Judge Simpson in that. No idea if he's named after Will Simpson who had just recently debuted in the Prog.

sheridan

Quote from: Greg M. on 15 October, 2017, 08:48:43 PM
Judge Wagner was part of the Class of '79. As was Judge Gibson, though I don't know if the latter is named after Ian.

Pretty sure Judge Gibson's appearance (on the honour roll at the Academy of Law) was illustrated by Ian, so I'd say yes.

Jim_Campbell

Judges have surnames! 2000AD creators also have surnames! Coincidence...? Surely not.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Frank

Mike Carroll and Ben Willsher's California Babylon (1731) immortalises Judges Mills, McManus, Burton, McKenzie, Bishop and Diggle*. By 'immortalise', I mean their names were on the badges of slain judges decorating a perp's torso.

Dragging the thread off course already, Carroll and Willsher named a skedway patrol judge Burdis in Creatures Of Habit (1716), and Wagner and Coleby featured a Judge Wittle in Mandroid 2, illustrating the corruption that blights the UK convention scene.

* All of whom, except Burton, have written for the Galaxy's Greatest. Presumably judges Gosnell and Tomlinson escaped just in time.