Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

To combine two of these themes, I quite enjoyed Ex Machina up to book 8. Which was the last one Glasgow library service got in. I did have a conversation with a woman in my local about the perennial issue of gaps in series and she told me that they get far more thieving of comics than any other section.

Back onto the subject of new bargains I was walking past a charity shop this evening and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a snowboard complete with bindings for the princely sum of 85 Francs (about sixty quid) and even more delighted to find it was just my size. So I snapped that bad boy right up. It's even decorated with an image that looks uncannily like Samuel Jackson as Shaft!
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Okay so was going to get all three series (being Sweet Tooth, Scalped and DMZ) plus a couple of the one shots. I put them all in and it came to... well quite a lot. So bottled it. As DMZ was the biggest I took it out and got the other two. I'm now waiting to see if over the remain couple of days of the sale the prospect of missing out nags away enough that I break and get DMZ as well...

I, Cosh

Oh, FFS! Grant Morrison sale on Comixology.

You'd be a fool not to snap up Doom Patrol if you haven't read it. Seaguy and Kid Eternity (great Fegredo art) also worth a look of the less heralded stuff.

I'll definitely grab the final Invisibles trade just for the redrawn Ashley Wood pages. Any views on his Action Comics run? I haven't heard anyone talk about it.
We never really die.

Spaceghost

Oh god. Why do I keep coming in this thread?

The Filth is excellent value at £2.99, with some breathtaking artwork from our very own Chris Weston. WE3 is worth a punt too.

I've gone for Flex Mentallo as I've never read it. Managed to stop myself from buying multiple volumes on this occasion.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Colin YNWA

No, no no no no. I can't hear you.

I've just stopped myself spending £90 on the Vertigo sale (by doing so spending only £50 was basically like earning money... no really it is) and now this. Thankfully I got all the 'essential GMozz stuff that I didn't previously own and I can resist Invisibles... no really I can... I can...

IronGraham

Yeah this one was a bit of a kick in the dick money wise for I'd be good with the Vertigo sale only got Scalped. Then is come out and I got like two of his runs and a bunch of one off collections.
We're werewolves not swearwolves

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 20 October, 2015, 04:19:33 PM
... and I can resist Invisibles... no really I can... I can...
Volume 1 (think that's the first three trades) is as good as Morrison's ever been. Which, at least for me, is pretty close to being as good as comics have ever been.
We never really die.

Fungus

I was prepared to be wowed by the first Invisibles, but it never quite did it for me. Still good though.  That could change of course if I ever get around to a re-read...

But like you say, anyone yet to experience Doom Patrol really should run towards it. Immense fun.

Read most(?) of Morrison's Action run in UK reprint form, it's classy and highly regarded from what I can remember.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Fungus on 20 October, 2015, 06:05:06 PM

Read most(?) of Morrison's Action run in UK reprint form, it's classy and highly regarded from what I can remember.

Not sure how well regarded it is but I'm a big fan. I need to re-read it as one(ish) but overall it was typically GMozz, inventive, exciting, crazy and also quite an astonishing amount of fun. The entire 18 issue run is really one story so if you haven't read it all worth a pop I'd say.

Hawkmumbler

You do realize I need to eat this month, right?

Hawkmumbler

Fuck it, i've too much else I need this month. Just gonna leave it at Batman Incorporated (pre-N52) and Flex Mantello, the latter of which I already own but love so much I just want an extra copy to carry around everywhere.

IronGraham

Cable & Deadpool sale I'm recommending this because it's what got me into comics many moons ago.

Link Prime

Quote from: IronGraham on 23 October, 2015, 09:57:24 AM
Cable & Deadpool sale I'm recommending this because it's what got me into comics many moons ago.

Really, really worth a look.
One of the best runs Marvel have ever produced IMO, 50 issues of Nicieza at the top of his game.

Suspend your cynicism, it's hilarious.

IronGraham

Quote from: Link Prime on 23 October, 2015, 02:28:22 PM
Quote from: IronGraham on 23 October, 2015, 09:57:24 AM

Really, really worth a look.
One of the best runs Marvel have ever produced IMO, 50 issues of Nicieza at the top of his game.

Suspend your cynicism, it's hilarious.

:D  Agree!

Colin YNWA

There's a Top Cow Humble Bundle currently up for grabs. No sure there's owt there for me but it does look like a pretty good deal if there's anything of interest?

https://www.humblebundle.com/books