Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Wow bloody hell Humble Bundle does it again. Image had a FANTASTIC Humble Bundle last year and they may well have topped it this year!

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/getbooks?utm_source=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_campaign=01850f547b-Humble_Comics_Bundle_Image_Comics_3&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_990b1b6399-01850f547b-134286173&mc_cid=01850f547b&mc_eid=80efd3e292

I mean I bought all of the Stray Bullets comics in their Boxing Day sale and now that looks like a bad deal as all 41 issues are part of this bundle, as well as 47 issues of Invincible (which I resisted temptation to buy) and the first trades for Nowhere Men (an absolute must, quite superb comics), Phonogram, Bitch Planet, Kaptara, Injection, Trees, Outcast, Jupiter's Circle and many, many, MANY more.

Seriously worth a look. I know I'm in.. again!

Hawkmumbler

I'll take that. Uo to date on Invincible and dropped Trees but the rest will be new. Thanks Colin!

IndigoPrime

Godammit. I *NEVER* get emails about the comics bundles, despite ticking the box, yet get bloody PC games ones regular as clockwork. Thanks, Colin, for posting about this. I'd have missed it otherwise.

Echidna

Got myself a whole bunch of stuff in the Boxing Day sale (thanks to this thread!) but luckily Bitch Planet is the only title that overlaps with this Bundle. Quite pleased I didn't splurge on Stray Bullets and Saga vol. 4 now!

Mardroid

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 January, 2016, 08:29:04 PM
Godammit. I *NEVER* get emails about the comics bundles, despite ticking the box, yet get bloody PC games ones regular as clockwork. Thanks, Colin, for posting about this. I'd have missed it otherwise.
Have you checked your junk mail, just in case? Or if you're using an Android device  with the Inbox app it has a tendency to compartmentalize mail under categories. So this type of thing might be under Promotions.

That being said, while I do get humble Bundle marks,I'm not sure I get all of them.

IndigoPrime

I've signed up multiple times, and emails aren't in junk. I suspect a problem their end with the database. I've also repeated my other gripe to them: the lack of a 'download all' option. Perhaps I'm missing something, but as far as I can tell, you must download each item individually, which is a pain in the backside when there are dozens of individual issues. I'd pay extra for 'download all books as PDF'.

I, Cosh

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 January, 2016, 10:25:07 AM
I've also repeated my other gripe to them: the lack of a 'download all' option.
Amen to that.

I've still got plenty of stuff unread from the last two Image bundles but each one has had the desired effect of getting me to start picking up an ongoing series and there's been enough good stuff that getting this one is a no-brainer.

Oh, in other bargain news, I bought a pair of hardly used snowboard boots for roughly seven quid yesterday.
We never really die.

BPP

The Goddammed and Citizen Jack (in the single issue #1s pile) are both really worth your time.

As is Trees. Bloody love that series. Reads like it belongs in 2000AD.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

The Adventurer

Last day for the Humble Image bundle. I finally gave in, and honestly its probably a hell of a value.  The Stay Bullets, Invincible, Wayward, and Nowhere Men collections are probably worth it alone.

The Previous Image bundle was a hell of a value too with Saga Book 1 (this bundle's Vol 4 and 5, pick up from where it left off), Walking Dead, and Manhattan Projects, and honestly I don't think it was as good a deal as this one.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

CalHab

Got to agree with the above. The Image bundle is incredible. Some great stuff in there that I wouldn't have seen otherwise.

IndigoPrime

Has Saga 3 ever been part of a Humble Bundle? I now have 1, 2, 4 and 5 from them. (I have all the print books anyway, but was just wondering.)

I still haven't downloaded most of the last one. Click. Wait. Download single comic. Click. Wait. Download single comic. Click. Wait. Download single comic. Click. Wait. Download single comic. Click. Wait. Download single comic. Click. Wait. Download single comic. Gnh. I love Humble Bundle, but 'download all as PDF' really needs to happen.

I, Cosh

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 January, 2016, 10:20:21 AM
Has Saga 3 ever been part of a Humble Bundle? I now have 1, 2, 4 and 5 from them. (I have all the print books anyway, but was just wondering.)
Pretty sure last year's included the omnibus of volumes 1-3.
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

The Humble Image Comics Bundle had v1 and 2. Did I miss a bundle? If so: nuts.

EDIT: Aha! I just looked through my MASSIVE LIST OF STUFF, and, yep, 'Saga Book One (#1–18)' is lurking in the 'image firsts' bundle. \o/

TordelBack

Dublin-based Squaxx might be interested to know that Oxfam on Aungier/George's St (never know which it is - beside The George anyway) have two big boxes of comics in, including progs and megs, Shakara Vol 2 (€4), LoEG Vol 1 and DKR (€5) softbacks. Also sundry other collections including Abnett Warhammer stuff, 20th C Boys and lots of how-to-draw fantasy boob-art books too.

The Adventurer

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 January, 2016, 10:20:21 AM

I still haven't downloaded most of the last one. Click. Wait. Download single comic. Click. Wait. Download single comic. Click. Wait. Download single comic. Click. Wait. Download single comic. Click. Wait. Download single comic. Click. Wait. Download single comic. Gnh. I love Humble Bundle, but 'download all as PDF' really needs to happen.

I think you can queue them up in a bit torrent client of your choice.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK