Main Menu

2000 AD Online Code of Conduct

Started by Wake, 12 June, 2007, 04:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

It's just my opinion. IMO one of the causes of arguments escalating - and I really am talking in general here, and not about any one person or thread - is the process of arguing about who's in the wrong.

A board with a specific code of conduct removes that, to an extent, if anyone has breached it.

That said, parts of it are open to interpretation, as has been pointed out, so I don't expect it will cure all ills. Also, people on both sides of an argument are often in the wrong. (looks at his shoes nervously)

And you're right that people do censor themselves. Practically every member the board has ever had has proved to be sensible.

But I do feel happier seeing a code of conduct there, especially as it's come from the site owners, who are ultimately responsible for what goes on here. It matters to me, as a 2000AD fan, that the owners of the comic are seen to run their website professionally.

Or maybe I'm just a rules freak. ;-)

- Trout

Peter Wolf

Well i cant back down now can i ?     Off the message board and straight onto a blog.      I have always heard about blogs but never imagined i would actually bother doing it.

yet i am just about to.        Its all just very new all this and you sort of pushed me into doing it but in a good way.       We will have to see what happens then........

I hope this explains.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Trout

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Matt Timson

Also, to be fair, I always kind of assumed that there was already a set of rules of conduct that people were just ignoring when they felt like it.

Pffft...

Wake

I've just added the age check so swearing in moderation is fine. If in doubt, try and think of the differences between a 15 and an 18 certificate for a film.

Cheers,

Wake

Steve Green

Hmmm, considering the 15 rated Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz both use the C-word - I'm not sure how it applies.

Ratings seem to be more lenient these days.

- Steve

Wake

Therefore you can use common swearwords like cunt, fuck, shit, bugger, etc. in moderation.

judge dreddd

I can see the day when you have to sign a form to go into a pub and beer glasses have 'warning:contains beer' on them.

Wake

Shouldn't that be 'warning: may contain beer'. Mine usually contains cider.

Cheers,

Wake

judge dreddd

...due to eec directive 339393/22 all drinks must be served in a specific shaped glass,with appropriate warnings, and a chart explaining these is on display behind the bar....

mmm...drinking vs smoking thread coming on...

Goaty

has it become pain in the ar**? as it there everytime i come to 2000adonline.com????

Matt Timson

"Therefore you can use common swearwords like cunt, fuck, shit, bugger, etc. in moderation."

There's something quite hysterically funny about that coming from you, Wake!
Pffft...

Wake

I know. I think I've just used up my annual allowance for a couple of those words.

You shouldn't need to re-certify your age every time you go onto the message board, unless you sign off (which you should do if you have under 15s that might use your computer).

Cheers,

Wake

Wils

Heh. It's like being at school and hearing your teacher swear. :)