Main Menu

Full Trailer for The Incredible Hulk

Started by Goaty, 30 April, 2008, 08:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the shutdown man

I have to admit, as cheesy as they are, the Stan Lee cameos do bring a guilty smile to my face, especially his "one man can make a difference" bit in Spider Man 3. I can't tell if he's taking the piss or slipping further into old age.

Also regarding this trailer, why does a guy named Emil Blonky talk like a geezah? I like Tim Roth, but it just seems a bit odd. Unavoidable I suppose, faked Russian accents can be the kiss of death.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

pauljholden

He gets plenty of spotlight elsewhere - and don't get me wrong, Stan Lee deserves much, but a 5 second cameo in a film feels like a kind of peculiar lipservice or, rather, a fan indulgance.

I disagree with you on Kirby too - I don't think he'd've wanted to have that spotlight.

-pj
(Clearly I'm in the minority of one here, so... you know... just ignore me...)

Richmond Clements

Loved his cameo in Fantastic Four 2.

Goaty

notice this triva in IMDB.com,

The film was originally meant to continue from Hulk (2003) but Edward Norton rewrote the script to make it similar to "The Incredible Hulk" (1978) and Bruce Jones's (run in the the comic books, thus severing all ties to its predecessor and retelling Bruce's origin through flashbacks. Therefore the two films are not within the same continuity.

Mardroid

notice this triva in IMDB.com,

The film was originally meant to continue from Hulk (2003) but Edward Norton rewrote the script to make it similar to "The Incredible Hulk" (1978) and Bruce Jones's (run in the the comic books, thus severing all ties to its predecessor and retelling Bruce's origin through flashbacks. Therefore the two films are not within the same continuity.

Reall? I'm kind of in two minds about that. I wasn't too keen on the previous Hulk film... it just felt like it was trying to hard with all the psychology stuff. It seemed to bog it down somehow... and seemed somewhat pretentious. (But to be fair one persons 'pretentious' is another person's 'clever'.) In that sense, I'm glad the second is a departure.

On the other hand, being a departure doesn't mean it couldn't be a continuation. The previous film is out there after all, and plenty liked it. I wasn't over keen, but it wasn't all that bad.

I'm looking forward to the new film though.

monty--

The trailer practically tells the movie!

SPOILEEEERRRRRR!!!

ThryllSeekyr

This trailer seems new to me.

Showing stuff that links it to the other movie before it.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE9MRxcN0N4&feature=bz301" target="_blank">Watch for the Hulk Crotch Kick, Ouch!!!!!

TordelBack

Damnit, Monty, you're right!

It's all there in the trailer:  Banner turns into Hulk when angry, hunted by army/prospective father-in-law, military nutjob takes experimental serum the better to fight Hulk, becomes even worse monster, goes even nuttier and off on a rampage, only Hulk can stop him!

All the subtle twists and misdirections blown open months in advance.  It's ruined, ruined I tells ya!

(HULK SMASH!)

ThryllSeekyr

PJ said.....

'I watched with audio and heard a couple of bars of the original theme along with the hulk roar - at exactly the same point as the original theme had it.'

I wathced both trailers over and over and couldn't find the bit where they played anything like the 'Lonely Man' tune. If thats original them song that you were referring too.

Could you put up which trailer you were referring to and with the speicific time this happens.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m4dAB7o2Cc" target="_blank">Best version I could find on the Tube.