Main Menu

Boarders with superpowers

Started by Jared Katooie, 16 March, 2011, 04:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared Katooie

I saw a similar post to this on another forum.

Basically, you just go to this page, and press the button marked "random page".

Whatever comes up is now your superpower. What will it be? How will you use it? For good or for evil?

I got Matter Melding.

QuoteThe ability to graft, meld, mix, or fuse any type of matter together. A variation of Elemental Manipulation.

Clearly, a burgeoning career in the construction or pharmaceutical industry awaits me.

And if that doesn't work out I can always fuse a bunch of stray animals and orphans together and create a travelling freakshow. What a great power!

From this day forth, I shall be known as Meldo!

Darren Stephens

'Unknown alien or futuristic capabilities. Not to be confused with Magic or Reality Warping, these skills and capabilities are not yet known to human beings.'

Well, thats a bit boring, isn't it? Suits me down to the ground!  :lol:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Radbacker

Mnemokeneses - Mental manipulation not to be confused with memory reading.
so i can put thoughts into people heads and alter their perception of the past memories etc.  Hmmn see that coming in usefull at the Pub, waves hand Obi-Wan style "yes you will be going home tonight with this man, he is a stud and you will be completely satisfied".

boringly i think i would be called Mnemoman.

CU radbacker

Mangamax

Omniscience.
"The user's mind is unblocked to the entire universe. They know every answer to every question, past, present, and future."
So what's tonights sodding Lottery numbers then?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

worldshown

Enhanced Intelligence.

The user has immense memory and other mental capacity, allowing thinking on different levels at once and while...Shit! The grill!

locustsofdeath!

Amalgamation:

"The ability to form a mixture between existing creations. Also known as Merging, Body Insertion, Combining, or Mixture."

I always have been quite the ladies man.

CrazyFoxMachine

Mobile invulnerability. Power to be unstoppable.

ALRIGHT THEN

Colin YNWA

Well to be honest I got super jump first but was so disappointed I cheated and had another go. I then got prehensile hair, which if you could see my shaun head you would realise had a very limited range...

...I'm destined to be a rubbish superhero alas.

ThryllSeekyr

Omnipotence

The titanically powerful ability in which one encompasses all superpowers.

That should come in handy.

Keef Monkey

Omnilingualism. A bit crap.

The innate power to decipher any oral language and speak any fluently. I'm going to go for the obvious here and call myself The Cunning Linguist.

Dunk!

Ironically i got:

Hive Mind.

The ability to assimilate new bodies, allowing the assimilator to use the new bodies as if they were the assimilator's own. Also called gestalt mind.

So nothing new then.
"Trust we"

Van Dom

Oh groovy. This would be awesome to have RIGHT NOW as I set at my desk in my office on another lousy day when everything is going wrong.

SELF DESTRUCTION
The power in which one may let loose an explosion from their body and recover gradually afterward. Also known as Detonation, Nuclear/Atomic Explosion, Explosion or Self-Destruct
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Mardroid

I got a bit of an odd one, which I think might be better suited to the ladies. (They even included a couple of hot babes demonstrating the power:)

(I did post a Jpeg link here, but it doesn't work...)
Here's the URL.

QuoteClaw Retraction

The power to instantaneously extend one's nails into sharp claws.

It goes into a bit more detail here:

QuoteCapability:

The user can grow bone-like claws and retract them. The user's fingers dynamically generates calcium and iron to extend forth sturdy light-weight nails. Can be used as tools or weapons. Can retract these claws, absorbing the calcium and iron back into the body. Nails may be enhanced with mineral injected to bind with their anatomy.

So... basically I'm a rubbish version of Wolverine or Feral then? I'd think this ability would be better if coupled with a bit of superstrength, or even just stamina.

I can see the claws coming in very handy if I get fit and learn to fight properly, mind you. Those muggers who robbed me at knife point might have had second thoughts if I'd suddenly sprouted a bunch of talons...

"Call that a knife?" Snikt! "I've got ten of them..."

As for the business of "Nails may be enhanced with mineral injected to bind with their anatomy.", surely you'd need a healing factor to get the benefit of that, right? Be weirdly ironic injecting myself to strengthen my nails only to poison myself (or scorch myself from the inside out if we go the liquid metal route) in the process.  On the plus side, as the nails seem to be the result of 'dynamically creating calcium and iron' and reabsorbing it when retracting, I won't have to put up with that ol splitting knuckle thing that Wolverine goes through. And if the claws get broken, I should grow a new one each time, if I understand he power correctly.

Dear me, I'm putting a lot of thought into these nail powers, aren't I? (This isn't a power I'd choose, but since it's the one that came up, I'm making the most of it...)

Oh, yeah, a name.

Mardclaw (Snigger. Yeah I probably should have put more thought into that. I was thinking The Shredder, but there's a guy with a similar name already. Dicer? No that sounds... camp. I'll stick to 'Mardclaw' cos it's stupid and appeals to me. I think I might need to jettison the secret identity though...)

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 16 March, 2011, 08:16:04 AM
Omnilingualism. A bit crap.

The innate power to decipher any oral language and speak any fluently.

I dunno! I'd quite like that power. You can go anywhere in the world and you'll be able to speak the language. Also imagine the amount you could earn with translation, etc.

davethomson

Seemed like fun so I joined in and what do I get?

Mendacity Detection

I'm a human lie detector. I always knew I would be a crap superhero but I didn't think I would be have the same power as a machine that has been around for the best part of a century. :'(
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

Woolly

Well, i got... MULTIPLY!

"The ability to multiply an object or person. Also called Multiplicity, Duplication, Cloning, or Replication. Not to be confused with Animation or Creation, each unit is a copy of the original, and not independent."

Now then, wheres that tenner gone...?